Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #7
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Sunday, March 9 1997     Volume 02 : Number 007

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 00:47:29 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1783

Proposal 1783
Organization Reorganization Emergency Reaction
Narf

{{

[Well... I was trying to fix my typo through a CSRR but given the provisions
under the new Organization Reorganization, certain other changes became
neccesary, so I might as well fix everything at once]

Ammend rule 724 as follows:

Replace "1. There exists a type of organization known as Organized Crime,
which is not nearly as organized as its organizers might wish. There also
exists an organization known as Organzied Crime, which is the only legal
Organized Crime organization."

with "1. There exists a type of organization known as Organized Crime, which
is not nearly as organized as its organizers might wish. There also exists an
organization known as The Narfalone family, which is the only legal Organized
Crime organization."

Replace ever additional instance of "organized crime" with "the Narfalone
Family".

Add the following text, delineated by <>

<> 
10. The Godfather is the only player permitted to speak or act on behalf of
the Narfalone Family.  Players that object to his decisions are welcome to
stop by the Narfalone Cement Factory and try on a pair of shoes.  This rule
takes precedent over any other rules determining how organizations take
actions.
<>
}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 00:55:32 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1784

Proposal 1784
Stock Options
Narf

{{name this rule Companies and number it 725}}

1. A type of organization known as a Company exist.  Players may form new
companies in accordance with this rule.

2. Players form companies by publicly posting a message containing the
following information: The name of the Company, the initial Board of
Directors (a minimum of three players). the name of the CEO (must be one of
the players on the Board of Directors), the initial offering price for their
stock, and the division of the stock.  Stock can either be owned by a player
or owned by a company.  Stock can never be unowned except for as allowed by
the rules [for example, stocks buried as part of a treasure].

3.  The Board of Directors of a company consists of every player that owns
stock in that company.  The Board of Directors may convene once per month to
choose a CEO.  At anytime, a member of the Board of Directors can call a
meeting by publicly announcing eir intent to do so providing no meeting has
already been called in that calendar month.  When a Board of Directors
meeting is called, each member of the Board of Directors has 72 hours to
publicly vote for one member of the Board of Directors to take over as CEO.
 Each member of the Board of Directors gets one vote per share of stock they
own in the company.  If the CEO should resign, quit Ackanomia or sell all of
eir stock in the company, an emergency Board of Directors meeting is called.
 This emergency meeting does not count toward the limit of one meeting per
month.

4. The CEO is the only player permitted to take actions on behalf of the
company.  These actions include, but are not limited to, submitting
proposals, posting public messages, buying and selling stock of other
companies and purchasing of Organizational Powers.

5. When a new company forms, 100 shares of stock bearing the company's name
are created and distributed in accordance with the initial announcement.
 Each member of the Board of Directors must pay the company the amount
specified per share of stock.  Until such time as each player in the original
Board of Directors posts an acceptance of such, the company has not been
formed.

6. The 72 hours following the formation of a company is known as the Initial
Public Offering (hereafter called the IPO) period.  During the IPO period,
the original members of the Board of Directors may not sell or purchase stock
in the company, but all other players may purchase the remaining shares of
stock from the company at the initial price.  All purchases of stock from the
company go into the company's account.

7.  Once the IPO period has ended, any player may buy or sell stock from any
other player at any agreed upon amount.  Players may sell stock to the
company or buy unowned stock from the company at the price specified by Wall
Street.  This is automatic, and does not require the CEO to ack it.  If the
company does not have enough money to purchase the stock, the company goes
bankrupt.  When a company goes bankrupt, its money is divided amongst the
stockholders, each stock being worth 1% of the ammount in the company's
account.  The company then ceases to exist, and all stock in the company's
name vanishes.

8.  Companies may write proposals.  Only the CEO of a company may submit
company proposals to the promoter, and e may do so unilateraly [the moral of
the story is -- if you don't trust the CEO, sell your stock].  If a Company
proposal is approved, the Company receives A$200.  The Company must divide
A$100 among its share holders at A$1 per share of stock.  It may either keep
the other A$100 or pay it out as a dividend.  If a Company proposal is
rejected, the company must pay A$100 to the treasury.  If the Company does
not have A$100 in its account, then the stock holders must give the company
A$1 per share of stock they own, and then the company must pay the treasury.

{{Create a rule called Wall Street and number it 730 with the following
text}}

1. There exists a unique unownable entity known as Wall Street.  Wall Street
sets the price of stocks in the following manner.  The initial price of stock
is the price set by the company when it first forms.   When a company
proposal passes, the value of its stock increases by $A1.  If the company
pays additional dividends, its stock price increases by a further $A1.  If a
company proposal fails, the stock price decreases by $A1.  If, on the first
day of the month, every share of stock is owned by a player, the stock price
increases by $A1.  If 50% or more of the stock is owned by the company, then
the stock price decreases by $A1.  It is the job of the financier to monitor
Wall Street and post new stock prices once every 2 weeks.  An assistant may
be appointed to help the financier.

{{
ammend rule 104 as follows. 

replace: 

Voting players may make proposals by e-mailing them to the Promoter, who
shall post them publically to be voted on. Accepted proposals must guide play
in the form in which they were distributed to the players. 

with:

Voting players and CEO's of companies may make proposals by e-mailing them to
the Promoter who shall post them publicly to be voted on.  Accepted proposals
must guide play in the form in which they were distributed to the players
}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 00:55:32 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1770 accepted (Non-voting Swingers)

Proposal 1770
Non-voting Swingers
/dev/joe

Votes cast by active players:  12 / 17 = 70.588235%
Yes:  13    No:  1     Present:  3   ...Proposal accepted.

/dev/joe +2 : EP P1770

YES votes:
	mr cwm
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Robert Sevin
	Strider
	fnord
	Calvin N Hobbes
	Smiley
	snowgod
	ThinMan
	Mohammed
	Malenkai
	Vulcan Unity vote

NO votes:
	Narf

PRESENT votes:
	IdiotBoy
	breadbox
	Vynd

Active players who did not vote:
	Jammer
	Red Barn
	Lestrade
	Techno
	Ludwig

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 1770
Non-voting Swingers
/dev/joe
Fri Feb 28 23:31:12 1997

This is a modest proposal.

Amend Rule 726, "Party Hall", by adding this in section III, just before
section A:

"Non-voting players are eligible for all types of Swinger offices."

{{[Whoops, I knew I forgot something.  Niccolo Flychuck asked me about this,
becuase he knows someone who'd like to play party chess without getting
into the rest of Ackanomic.  I intended to do this but it got left out
somehow.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 04:00:40 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1785

Proposal 1785
Cantrip 2
Mohammed

This is a Modest Proposal.

Rule 844 ("Land Baroncy") is amended by adding the following at the end:

{{
There shall be a Scale Hearing, with valid responses of "Big Country"
and "It's a Small World After All".  If the verdict of the Hearing is
"Big Country", the sentence "One kaa of land covers an area
approximately the size of Africa on Old Earth." shall be inserted in
this rule, between the first and second paragraphs.  If the verdict is
"It's a Small World After All", then the sentence "One kaa of land
covers a square area eight feet on each side." shall be inserted in
this rule, between the first and second paragraphs.
}}

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #7
************************************