Subject: acka-summary Digest V1 #6
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-summary digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 00:00:09 -0400 (EDT)

acka-summary Digest	Friday, August 06 1999	Volume: 01  Issue: 006

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Summary
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 10:13:36 -0400 (EDT)

	K, could you repost the bit you did?

	When I put this in HTML, I was thinking of inserting lots of HTML
cross links; for instance every time the word tradeable appears, make
it a link back to the definition of tradeable.  While I'm at it, I'd
like to put in a JavaScript feature so that when you run your mouse
over a link a box pops up with the definition.  What do people think?

	On the assumption that I will be the next Summarizer, we need
volunteers for the remaining parts.  Please volunteer and start working
on them!

1-?

2-?

3-?

4-?

5-?

6-?

7-Done (else...if)

8-?

9-?

10-?

12-Done (else...if)

14-Done (else...if)

15-Done (else...if)

16-Done (else...if)

17-Done (else...if)

42-Irrelevant

99-Done (else...if)

Rule 7

	There exist Entities.  Only things defined by the rules are entities,
and entities may only be influenced as described by the rules.  There
are no fractional entities.

	Trading entities may not perform a trade which would give them a
negative quantity of entities unless they had fewer of those entities
before.

	Summary of Entity catagories:

	Named: May own things

	Nameless: May not own things

	Unownable: May not be owned

	Ownable: May be owned

	Untradeable: May not be traded (must be Ownable)

	Tradeable: May be traded (must not be Ownable)

	Giftable: May be given to another player without consent (must be
tradeable)

	Ackable: Not giftable (must be tradeable)

	Intelligent: May do things to entities, includes players and some
organizations (must be Named)

	Operable: May have things done to it (must be Ownable)

	Unique: Only one copy exists

	Trading: May trade entities (must be Named)

Rule 7-1

	Entities are either Named or Nameless.  Only Named entities may own
other entities.  Entities are either Unownable, Untradeable, or
Tradeable.  Tradeable entities are either giftable or ackable.  All
ownable entities are either owned or Somewhere Else.  Ownable Entities
are created in the Treasury if no other place is specified.

Rule 7-2

	Entities may be unique.  Excess unique entities are destroyed.

Rule 7-2-1

	The magic potato is a unique, ownable entity.  It is randomly
distributed to a player each week.  The potato'sowner receives an extra
three points on each accepted proposal e makes.

	The great tuba is also unique.  A player owns the great tuba for the
week after e owns the magic potato, and gets one extra point on each
accepted proposal.

Rule 7-2-2

	The gumball may be chewed on alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Rule 7-2-3

	Phoebe the Steel Flea lives in a matchbox, which she owns.  When
Phoebe is missing a random player will find her within three days. 
That player should post a message with Phoebe's wisdom within one week,
and will gain 6 points for doing so; otherwise e loses 3 points. 
Either way Phoebe's matchbox goes missing again.  If another player
doubts the wisdom, e may call a Hearing against it within three days. 
If three consecutive player fail to post Phoebe's wisdom then she may
leave Ackanomic for at least 30 days.

Rule 7-2-4

	The Little Lamb is a unique entity.  A player may take possessionn of
the Little Lamb as a public action unless someone else has done so in
the past week.  This costs A$10.  The owner of the Little Lamb has
triple the chance of getting the potato, and may purchase wool sweaters
for A$10.

Rule 7-2-5

	Some entities are Titles.  Unowned titles are destroyed.

Rule 7-2-6

	Ackanomic has a Magic Number.

Rule 7-3

	Some ownable entities are Operable.  Some named Entities are
Intelligent.  Intelligent Entities may perform Operations on Operable
Entities.

Rule 7-3-1

	Players may trade entities using the following steps:

	1) A player publicly proposes a trade either to one players, multiple
players, or at large

	2) If the trade is made to only one player and only involves giving
giftable items to that player, it happens immediately

	3) Otherwise anyone the trade was offered to may accept it within a
three days, at which point it occurs

Rule 7-3-1-2

	Auctions may be called.  They may involve one or more entities. 
Multiple entities may be auctioned as a lot or one by one.  There may
be a minimum bid and it may be either private or public.  They may be
Shubik if there is only one item.  The caller is known as the
Auctioneer, and may not bid.  All bids must be made in A$ and must jump
by at least 10%; the auction ends when it has been going for at least
three days and no bid has been made for twelve hours.  In a private
auction bids are sent to the Auctioneer, who may not disclose them.  In
a public auction they are submitted publicly.  In a Shubik auction the
second highest bidder pays their bid to the Treasury.  Players may call
auctions on entities they own.

Rule 7-3-1-2-1

	Once per week the Financier may call a public auction on a single
tradeable entity in the Treasury.  If a player requests an entity
before the Financier calls the auction then the Financier must auction
that entity within three days.

Rule 7-4

	Points are Operable entities.  A player may have negative points.

Rule 7-4-1

	Once every two weeks a player may convert 20 points into a random
Otzma Card.

	A player may to each of the following up to 100 times per day:

	Convert 1 point into 2A$

	Convert 2 points into 1 Mannna

	Convert 10A$ into 1 Mannna

	Convery 1 Mannna into 2A$

Rule 7-5

	The AckaDollar (A$) is the official currency of Ackanomia. AckaDollars
are Operable, Giftable entities.  The Treasury always has A$100,000
minus the A$ owned by all players and the total value of all Trinkets.

	Trinkets are Operable, Giftable Entities.  They have a positive value
in A$.  There is an Operation to create a Trinket from 5 or more A$,
and must give the Trinket a name and a description.  There is an
Operation to dissolve a Trinket and receive its value in A$.  If a
Trinket is created which contains the name of a player then it is a
forgery, and is transfered to the Treasury or, if only one player's
name is used, to that player.

Rule 7-5-1

	The Treasury is a Named, Unownable, Intelligent, Trading Entity.  The
Treasury accepts all trades offered specifically to it unless the trade
requests entities back.  The Treasury automatically dissolves Trinkets
it owns.

Rule 7-11

	Posthetic Foreheads are Unique, Tradeable Entities.  Players may buy
Foreheads from the Treasury for A$7, but must provide it with a
description.  If another player feels that it is too similar to a
previous Forehead e may call a Hearing against it.  Playera may wear
one Forehead at a time, but may not put on a Forehead for 2 days after
removing one.

Rule 7-13

	Garments are Tradeable Entities.  They may be worn.  Hats are a kind
of Garment, and a player may wear only one.

Rule 7-14

	Otzma Cards are Nameless Gift Entities.  Each has a power which may
only be used once, at which time the card is destroyed.  Specific Cards
are defined by children of this rule.

Rule 7-15

	Frinking may come up on occasion.  It is the Ackan term for drinking.
Right Handed Grapefruit Juice, Lager, and Knurd are Royal Frinks. 
Hydriae are tradeable entities.  All non-royal frinks frunk [Yes, it's
frunk.  There was a Hearing about this once.] from a Hydriae become
Knurd.

Rule 7-16

	Players may play songs on the Ackanomic Sound System by going to the
library and publicly announcing what song they will play.  Certain
songs are Esoteric have special effects and must either be paid for or
are triggered by events.  Descendants of this rule define Esoteric
songs.

Rule 7-18

	The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really
(RBBTTDDTMR) is a unique tradeable entity.  The RBBTTDDTMR's owner may
change the name of a player to an anagram of that name.  If this has
already been done within the preceding two weeks then it fails and is
transferred to a random player, otherwise it succeeds.  If a player has
owned the RBBTTDDTMR for at least one week, and it has not been used in
the previous three weeks, then a player who points this out may take
possession of it unless that player has used it in the last four
weeks.

-- 

-Henry Towsner

	<<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.

		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

End of acka-summary Digest V1 #6
********************************