Subject: acka-summary Digest V1 #2
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-summary digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 00:00:12 -0400 (EDT)

acka-summary Digest	Monday, July 26 1999	Volume: 01  Issue: 002

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The Summary
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:10:17 -0400 (EDT)

	Nothing much seems to be happening, and I'd like to push the
process along.
	I'll volunteer to write up just about anything.  There's no
particular area I've been especially involved in, so I'd be willing to fill
in some of the areas other players aren't doing.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fwd: Acka: Priv: Summarizer (BLMP)]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:59:03 -0400 (EDT)

--------------64D37B504E6296FEFA43258C
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--------------64D37B504E6296FEFA43258C
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-Disposition: inline

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:10:08 +1000
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.03 [en] (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Priv: Summarizer (BLMP)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hya M. Summarizer

Below is a first draft of my summary of the CFJ rules - I intend to do
the cycle winning stuff next, please let me know if its already taken.

K 2

Call for Judgement
------------------
*Definition:

A Call for Judgement (CFJ) is made when the correct interpretation of
the rules is uncertain, usually to the point where uncertainties in the
game state have developed - a situation known as a thread split.

Any player may make a CFJ by sending it the the Clerk of the Court
(CotC). Although it is not encouraged, it is acceptable to submit CFJs
publicly. In either case make sure it is clear that the message is a CFJ
and not idle rambling. A CFJ may be retracted publicly without penalty,
provided an official verdict has not been delivered.

*Composition:

A CFJ should include a single, clear, and clearly labelled statement
that can be answered TRUE or FALSE. The remainder of the CFJ may consist
of additional comments or reasoning, which the Judge is under no
obligation to consider. Make sure both the statement and reasoning are
clearly delimited to avoid confusion.

In addition to the standard CFJ the are three specialized forms:
i) Call for Criminal Justice (CFCJ) - alleges a player has committed a
Crime and may suggest a penalty. There is a charge for the submission of
CFCJs (currently A$21). When a final verdict is delivered on a CFCJ the
penalty, decided upon by the judge, is applied to the player. [See rule
3-6]
ii) Cycle Win CFJ (CW-CFJ) - alleges that the submitted has achieved a
particular set of conditions for winning the cycle (achieved a winning
condition). [see rule 8]
iii) substantially similar proposals - alleges two proposals under
voting consideration are similar. If this is found to be the case the
second of the two is removed from consideration. [see rule  2-1-3 and
2-1-3-1]

CFCJs and CW-CFJs have special statement and reasoning requirements,
thus it is necessary to consult the rules prior to submitting either of
them.

*Assignment:

When a CFJ is assigned to a player they have seven days to deliver a
verdict or three days to decline. Failing to decline or deliver a
verdict carries a 10 point penalty. A CFJ Ineligibility List exists
which players may add or remove themselves from by informing the CotC
(either publicly or privately).

*Judgement:

Judgements must be in accordance with the rules and game state _at the
time judgement was invoked_. When the rules are unclear game custom and
the spirit may be considered.

A CFJ may be judged either TRUE, FALSE or UNDECIDED. Poorly formed CFJs
may be judged INVALID, while paradoxical ones may be judged UNDECIDABLE.
If a verdict on a CFJ is overturned the judges responsible may be
penalized. When a verdict of UNDECIDED is overturned, however, there is
no penalty. In addition to the judgement the judge is encouraged to
include the reasoning which led them to it.

When a player has delivered 15 verdicts on CFJs they are eligible for
the supreme court.

[See also rules 3-2 and 3-3]

*Appeal:

A judgement which has been distributed by the CotC may be appealed
within four days, in which case it will be re-considered by two justices
from the supreme court. A second appeal is judged by the whole supreme
court and may not be appealed. Inclusion of the reasoning behind the
appeal is highly recommended.

[See also rule 3-4]

Glossary
-----------

CFJ - Call for Judgement
CFCJ - Call for Criminal Justice
CotC - Clerk of the Court
CW-CFJ - Cycle Win CFJ
Winning Condition - a requirement for winning a cycle
Cycle - a short definition of Cycle
thread split - a situation which arises when players disagree on the
current game state.

--------------64D37B504E6296FEFA43258C--

------------------------------

End of acka-summary Digest V1 #2
********************************