Subject: acka-research Digest V4 #185
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-research digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 00:00:03 -0500 (EST)

acka-research Digest	Wednesday, January 05 2000	Volume: 04  Issue: 185

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Rachel Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: RFC a duty to propose
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 10:57:25 -0500 (EST)

This is just a vague idea at the moment based upon something that they 
either have, had or were going to have at some point in Agora.

There exists a list of all voting players. Whenever a player makes a 
proposal e is moved to the bottom of the list. Every week the active player 
nearest the top of the list has to make a proposal or suffers some sort of 
penalty. If they fail to make the proposal during the week they are moved to 
the bottom of the list anyway.

Ideas anyone? Is it worth me writin this up properly or is everyone just 
going to vote against it anyway?

Quoth.
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

------------------------------

From: "Rachel Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 4397
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 10:57:48 -0500 (EST)

>Proposal 4397
>The First Major Prop: Point Repeal
>Studge
>Due: Wed Jan 12 04:05:19 2000
>Sphere: :None:

I like the idea of this proposal because points are just dull, but do have a 
few problems with the specifics.

>MM
>If the player in question was already the Tyrant, then half of ir mannna
>shall be distributed equally amongst all other players (rounding away from 
>0).
>MM

This isn't clear how it would work exactly. Imagine there were 12 players in 
total. Imagine also that the tyrant has 140 mannna. Half of this is 70, 
which cannot be divided equally among the other 11 players. How would this 
work? (oh, and you typoed "eir")

>Amend Rule 6-4-6 Scorekeeper to contain only the FIXED delited text.
>
>FIXED
>The Office of the Scorekeeper is a Functional Office.

Not a problem as such, but I think that if I was doing this I'd probably 
have renamed the office, as scorekeeper somehow no longer seems appropriate.

>Amend Rule 7-2-1 The Magic Potato by replacing all its text with the
>following ILIKETATERS delimited text.
>
>ILIKETATERS
>This rule creates a unique entity known as the Magic Potato.

I've never liked this bit of the rule. I know that infinite schminfinite 
will make it have the desired effect, but for me wording such as "There 
exists a unique entity..." is better.

Quoth the Rachel.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

------------------------------

End of acka-research Digest V4 #185
***********************************