Subject: acka-research Digest V4 #179
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-research digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 00:00:04 -0400 (EDT)

acka-research Digest	Saturday, October 02 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 179

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:B Various Important Results
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 09:00:40 -0400 (EDT)

Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:
> 
> 1. Results of the election for President:

> Ape Idiom Reporter is elected president
> 
> 2. Results of the CRD hearing.
> 
> Pres is scamming

I knew it - in office for less than 5ns and already convicted of
scamming...

K 2

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 730 (TRUE) - The Dark side beckons
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 13:05:11 -0400 (EDT)

John Bollinger wrote:

> In any case, if fat-acka has been repealed it can still be preserved by
> starting it anew with the fat ruleset and an appropriate initial game
> state.  Indeed, that seems to have been done, and nothing prevents that
> game from continuing.

Unfortunately, the amount of harfing under the old game state was
rapidly becoming insupportable as the number of players prepared to
perform it decreased... IIRC there were four players responsible for all
of the functional offices.

For those players that like complex rulesets, the game can't be more
than a couple of months away from it, so its not long to wait; or better
yet you could join and help restore the game to a harfy state.

K 2

------------------------------

From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: a bit of action.
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 17:13:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:

> I declare that, if Ackanomic as I know it does not exist, which I do not
> admit and which I will not recognize, I create a game called Ackanomic with
> the ruleset and gamestate that I think it has, that is the ruleset and
> gamestate that occurred assuming P4371 as either invalid or null.  So.
> Now, whatever you believe happened, there are two overlapping Ackanomics
> with the same gamestate and such: one over 3 years old and one just created
> out of my head.  So, uh, in the Ackanomic *I* play, you guys are not
> shrubbery no matter what.

Oh, wow.  I create *my* own nomic with the same Rules and game state as
AIR's, except that in mine, *everyone* is a Shrubbery.(*)

Neat, I get to play God without ever attending med school.

Seriously, I don't think this is necessary.  Both fat- and thin-Acka will
continue to be played (although CFJ 730 might have something to say in the
matter) and if people don't acknowledge that they're in this game, all we
need to do (as soon as we get a new Speaker) is have them declared AWOL.

*Yes, I do know this is acka-research.  Sorry to spoil your fun, JT. :-p

-Hubert

All those who believe in telekinesis raise my right hand. 

------------------------------

End of acka-research Digest V4 #179
***********************************