Subject: acka-research Digest V4 #158
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-research digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 00:00:04 -0400 (EDT)

acka-research Digest	Friday, August 27 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 158

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: grab-a-donkey pre-rfc rfc
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:24:28 -0400 (EDT)

I'm currently amassing ideas for a proposal to fix grab-a-donkey. If anyone
has any comments, now would be a good time to raise them.

One thing I would like explained to me is the complexity of all the "2
donkeys become 3" crap.  I mean, why don't we just have donkeys and they get
grabbed?  I'm sure I'm missing something here.

My other plan is to introduce a Sudden Death mode in the final stages of the
game which may be something like; "each round each player on the GAL loses a
donkey".

fixing...ELK?
(jeans)

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Acka: grab-a-donkey pre-rfc rfc
From: Joseph DeVincentis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:18:29 -0400 (EDT)

Gavin Logan wrote:
> 
> I'm currently amassing ideas for a proposal to fix grab-a-donkey. If anyone
> has any comments, now would be a good time to raise them.
> 
> One thing I would like explained to me is the complexity of all the "2
> donkeys become 3" crap.  I mean, why don't we just have donkeys and they get
> grabbed?  I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Well, it's a correction to a correction to a correction and at each step
along the way, it made the result worse.  One past winner added the bit
about gaining donkeys you grab, another added losing an extra donkey when
one of yours is grabbed, to reduce the amount of donkeys, and yet another
added the bit about gaining extra extra donkeys, because e wanted to make
up for the extra donkeys lost from the previous rule.  I would like to see
all that gone, when you grab somebody's donkey, you get it, perhaps with a
hard limit of 3 donkeys max per player.

> My other plan is to introduce a Sudden Death mode in the final stages of the
> game which may be something like; "each round each player on the GAL loses a
> donkey".

This sounds good, instead of or in addition to the other rule.
If, after any round's donkey movements and gad-list updates are done,
there are no players on the list with exactly 1 donkey, then everybody
on the list loses a donkey.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

End of acka-research Digest V4 #158
***********************************