Subject: acka-research Digest V4 #147
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-research digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 00:00:05 -0400 (EDT)

acka-research Digest	Saturday, August 14 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 147

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 4297 accepted
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:31:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, John Bollinger wrote:

> >I change the gamestate by changing Studge's Proposal Characteristic to 1.
> >I change the gamestate by changing Studge's Voting Characteristic to 0.
> >I change the gamestate by changing Studge's State to Non-Voting.
> 
> I am of the general opinion that at least the first two of these worked.
> I am, however, very disappointed.  These actions are oppression, not harf.
> The proposal was harfy, yes, but the _rule_ is not.

With the question unresolved of whether Studge's attempted dictatorship
constituted an attempt at oppression:

It is well known that money is the root of all evil.  Evil is a negative
thing, especially as we all know it is an anagram of "live," and as was
proved in Rosemary's Baby, anything that can have an anagram made of it is
a tool of the Devil, which is why the RBBTTDDTM,R is so much fun.

Digressions aside, I transfer enough money from the Treasury to Studge to
cover eir loss in Voting Characteristic and Proposal Characteristic, but
*only* to the point where they were before eir scam with AGD and EAP way
back when.  So there.

[ Yes, I know this affects the Treasury balance and hence doesn't work,
(not to mention it's on acka-research -- I'm such a tease) but at least it
assuages my chafed conscience. I can't believe that passed. ]

-Hubert

If we can't shoot them, why is it called tourist season? 

------------------------------

From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 4318
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 09:03:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

> Proposal 4318
> Tweak
> else...if
> Due: Thu Aug 19 18:18:33 1999
> Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies
> 
> 	Renumber rule 9 to rule 3-6.
> 	{{[For no apparent reason, most (but not all) of the crime rules
> are totally separated from the other CFJ rules.  This fixes that.]}}

Given that 4311, if it passes, will eliminate the link between Crime and
CFJ, there would be a good reason for the separation of Crime and ordinary
Calls for Justice.  I would ask you, if 4311 passes, to please consider
retracting 4318.

Yours,
Slakko
-- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
My stream of consciousness has dried up.  Time to try irrigation.

------------------------------

From: Henry Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 4318
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 10:35:24 -0400 (EDT)

>Given that 4311, if it passes, will eliminate the link between Crime and
>CFJ, there would be a good reason for the separation of Crime and ordinary
>Calls for Justice.  I would ask you, if 4311 passes, to please consider
>retracting 4318.
	Indeed it would.  If 4311 passes, I pledge to retract 4318.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

End of acka-research Digest V4 #147
***********************************