Subject: acka-research Digest V4 #129
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-research digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 00:00:05 -0400 (EDT)

acka-research Digest	Saturday, July 24 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 129

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rule-Harfer at Work
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 02:30:36 -0400 (EDT)

At 11:43 PM 7/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>
>I don't know whether the True Names rule was in effect when you joined, but
>the tradition of listing rules and rule changes under the player's current
>name at the time of Proposal was well-entrenched long before then.  I think
>it gives a good sense of history to know players' earlier names.  And I
>also think that any confusion caused by one player assuming another's True
>Name(even unintentionally--what if someone whose True Name was "Robert Sevin"
>joined?)would be minimal if it was clear from context which name was the
>True Name and which the Ackanomic Name.
>
>Repealing "True Names" was not a repudiation of human involvement, it
>seemed to be, as much as an acknowledgement that the issue did not need
>to be rule-enforced.
>
>If it can be done easily, then I would encourage that it be done.
>
>

Err... I just checked my back files, and an error in my harfing script
seems to have overwritten my backups...  If anyone has *any* rulesfile with
prop histories updated through P4200 or later that still has real names
(preferably html, but I can do it easily enough with txt or zip), it would
make this a LOT easier.  Feel free to zip any such files and email me em.
For my careless error, I deserve to have 7 or 8 (at least) enormous files
in my inbox next time i check mail.

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
 DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Harfmeister * Rule-Harfer * Wrangler
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Really Weird * Weird

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 4255 rejected
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 02:35:30 -0400 (EDT)

At 02:30 AM 7/24/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Proposal 4255
>
>Subcommittee vote for: 0   against:-121
>Subcommittee Acceptance Index: -181.5
>Rejected in subcommittee
>Total vote for: 500   Total vote against:-221
>Acceptance Index: 168.5: proposal rejected

...

> Sphere: Tocpe
> Status: rejected

that'll teach you.

Ahem.

If I may:

Fixes: hypnotist of ladies
Random Wacky Stuff: WoW
Scams: Acka
Stuff you want Studge and me to irrationally vote -59 on: ackna
All other stuff: Tocpe

Disobey these suggestions AT YOUR OWN PERIL!!!!!!

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
 DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Harfmeister * Rule-Harfer * Wrangler
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Really Weird * Weird

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rule-Harfer at Work
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:26:39 -0400 (EDT)

>
>Err... I just checked my back files, and an error in my harfing script
>seems to have overwritten my backups...  If anyone has *any* rulesfile with
>prop histories updated through P4200 or later that still has real names
>(preferably html, but I can do it easily enough with txt or zip), it would
>make this a LOT easier.  Feel free to zip any such files and email me em.
>For my careless error, I deserve to have 7 or 8 (at least) enormous files
>in my inbox next time i check mail.
>
>

President Laa Laa has been so kind as to send me an html rulesfile updated
through P4236, which is more than sufficient.  I do NOT need any more
rulesfiles.  I will have the old version up within the next few days.  

I will also have the herald page up soon.
-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
 DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Harfmeister * Rule-Harfer * Wrangler
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Really Weird * Weird

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rule-Harfer at Work
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 12:55:50 -0400 (EDT)

>>
>
>President Laa Laa has been so kind as to send me an html rulesfile updated
>through P4236, which is more than sufficient.  I do NOT need any more
>rulesfiles.  I will have the old version up within the next 
>
>**few days**.  
>

Make that a few minutes -- in fact, make that right now.

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
 DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Harfmeister * Herald * Rule-Harfer * Wrangler
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Really Weird * Weird

------------------------------

End of acka-research Digest V4 #129
***********************************