Subject: acka-research Digest V4 #108
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-research digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 00:00:04 -400 (EDT)

acka-research Digest	Thursday, June 24 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 108

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Scam Voting
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:03:08 -0400 (EDT)

Joseph DeVincentis wrote:

> The following votes were received by my mail server at the times listed below
> all of them since last night:
>
> 04:56:05 EDT: Dragon Mage voted 1100 on P4207, then, in the same
>   messages, says if his VC is 12, he votes 1200 on P4207.

Rule 2-1: Votes must be unambiguous and unconditional.

so the vote of 1200 is invalid - I can't quite twist the rules to cause
this to
make the 1100 vote invalid tho :-)

K 2

> If any of the following happened, then P4207 passed:
> Any of Dragon Mage's above votes were valid.
> /dev/joe

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Removing a bouncing observer
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:03:12 -0400 (EDT)

Heh, Heh... that would've been me :-)

K 2
Player & observer

JT wrote:

> The observer (at least I think it's an observer) with the email address of
> [email-masked], is being removed from the mailing lists shortly
> after this message is sent out.   This email address has been bouncing
> consistantly, and with a user unknown error.
>
> --JT
>
> --
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
> [ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Various harfing announcements
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:04:33 -0400 (EDT)

Pomp and Circumstance resulted in all players getting 10 Mannna - aside
from Dragon Mage and King Felix and icy players who are prohibited by
rule 4.

I create a trinket called "A licence to perform one thread dependent
action" it is worth A$20 and has the description "Destroy in a thread
independent manner to use". I gift this to Ai! Pendrito!

For completeness I am recognising three threads - I think the second two
are more likely and have leanings towards the middle (call it a harfer's
hunch... when one thread is more complex and difficult that just *has*
to be the right one :-)

-------------
In all Threads:
Studge converted all of eir points (62) into A$124 and then A$2070 into
207 Mannna, leaving em with A$0.

-------------
can-change-the-sad-number-thread (CAN):
**This is the only thread that Ai! Pedrito! had enough money to change
eir name.**

Ai! Pendrito recieved 40000 Mannna, an increase of 9 in eir VC, A$204 by
reducing eir score (102) and a score of 1.
Studge recieved 1000000 Mannna, an increase of 9 in eir VC and a score
of 1.
Dragon Mage recieved XX Mannna, an increase of 8 in eir VC, a score of
600, A$22 by reducing eir score (136->125) and a winning condition (this
does not a message from the scorekeeper tho).

Studge gains 19 points for the acceptance of P4207

Alternate Pages:
pe3.html, scores3.html, dm3.html, pointlog3.html, mannnalog3.html,
dmlog3.html, ice3.html, pelog3.html, eilog3.html, ei3.html

-------------
can't-change-the-sad-number-thread (CAN'T):

Ai! Pendrito converted all of eir points (102) into A$204 and then A$270
into 27 Mannna, leaving em with A$8
Dragon Mage converted 7 points into A$59713, A$5000 into 2 VC and gained
1200 Mannna, leaving em with A$55448 and a score of 139.

Studge gains 19 points for the acceptance of P4207

Alternate Pages:
pe2.html, scores2.html, dm2.html, pointlog2.html, mannnalog2.html,
dmlog2.html, ice2.html, pelog2.html, eilog2.html, ei2.html

-------------
the-sad-number-is-undefined-thread (WIBBLE)
**This is the only thread that P4207 failed in.**

Ai! Pendrito converted all of eir points (102) into A$204 and then A$270
into 27 Mannna, leaving em with A$8
Dragon Mage converted all of eir points (136) into A$727 and then A$1000
into 100 Mannna, leaving em with A$7

Studge loses 7 points for the rejection of P4207

Alternate Pages:
the normal ones :-)

-------------
Of these I would judge CAN'T and WIBBLE to be the most likely - with a
slight tendancy towards the CAN'T thread.

K 2

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: My Judgement
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:04:40 -0400 (EDT)

JT wrote:

> As for the Icy Players, well, if the financier will (assuming it is
> finally determined that what ThinMan described occured), I will happily
> return to them any money that they might have lost through my
> machinations.

Rule 4 will prohibit a gift to an icy player. This will need to be done
by
proposal - I would suggest something simple like

{{All Icy players who have less that A$900 gain sufficient A$ to reach
this
total [prolly needs a precidence clause]}}.

Simple & reasonably fair - at the moment in the CAN'T thread they all
have a
total wealth of A$0 (ie if they own trinkets they are in debt)

K 2

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Word Unassociation
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:04:54 -0400 (EDT)

[email-masked] wrote:

> 404 not found
> (hmm.. maybe I should change my name to MASSIVE SYSTEM
> FAILURE).

One little failure? Since I've been financier I have:

1. Completely screwed my computer's bios (replaced, but it conflicts
with
my scsi card :/)
2. Broken a pin off the connector to my hard drive while reassembling my
computer after 1 (fixed)
3. had my monitor die a couple of weeks ago (fixed also)

K 2
aka Total Klutz
Expert in Null proposals (whatever the senate may say. I've got 9!)

------------------------------

From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Various harfing announcements
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:23:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, K 2 wrote:

> Pomp and Circumstance resulted in all players getting 10 Mannna - aside
> from Dragon Mage and King Felix and icy players who are prohibited by
> rule 4.
> 
> I create a trinket called "A licence to perform one thread dependent
> action" it is worth A$20 and has the description "Destroy in a thread
> independent manner to use". I gift this to Ai! Pendrito!
> 
> For completeness I am recognising three threads - I think the second two
> are more likely and have leanings towards the middle (call it a harfer's
> hunch... when one thread is more complex and difficult that just *has*
> to be the right one :-)

I have been propounding, in my arguments with JT, the possibility of
a fourth thread.  In that thread, Ode to Joy was never played, and hence
no scammy actions succeeded.
Admittedly that would be far too easy to track, but there you go.

-- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, Map-Harfer, Justice

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Various harfing announcements
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:33:11 -0400 (EDT)

Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer wrote:

> I have been propounding, in my arguments with JT, the possibility of
> a fourth thread.  In that thread, Ode to Joy was never played, and hence
> no scammy actions succeeded.
> Admittedly that would be far too easy to track, but there you go.
>

The effect of which would be the same as if the sad number were undefined
(WIBBLE)- from my perspective they are both the same :-)

K 2

------------------------------

From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Scam Voting
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:22:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, K 2 wrote:

> > 04:56:05 EDT: Dragon Mage voted 1100 on P4207, then, in the same
> >   messages, says if his VC is 12, he votes 1200 on P4207.
> 
> Rule 2-1: Votes must be unambiguous and unconditional.
> 
> so the vote of 1200 is invalid - I can't quite twist the rules to cause
> this to
> make the 1100 vote invalid tho :-)
> 

Then you're not trying hard enough!

Both the 1100 and the 1200 are part of the SAME vote!  The proposition
goes 'If my VC is 12 I vote 1200, else I vote 1100.'

See it was easy to twist it!

IB

------------------------------

From: "Gabe (Ai! Pedrito!) Drummond-Cole" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Various harfing announcements
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:11:28 -0400 (EDT)

At 09:04 AM 6/24/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Pomp and Circumstance resulted in all players getting 10 Mannna - aside
>from Dragon Mage and King Felix and icy players who are prohibited by
>rule 4.
>

i believe Alfvaen and I also forfeited the mannna.
-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
DeeJay * Wrangler * Emperor

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: My Judgement
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:57:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, K 2 wrote:
> Rule 4 will prohibit a gift to an icy player. This will need to be done
> by
> proposal - I would suggest something simple like

Actually, in the CANT thread, 
I issue the following Imperial Dicate as delimtied by FIXICY and ask
Studge and Ai! Pedrito! to concur with this before concurring with any of
the others (especially studge, who if he concurs with the removal one
before this makes this one impossible :)

FIXICY
The game state is changed such that the player known as Dragon Mage has
A$1500.
The game state is changed so that each icy player has A$ equal to their
A$ total from 24 hours prior to the passage of P4207.
FIXICY

--Dragon Mage

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Scam Voting
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:59:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Matt Miller wrote:
> Then you're not trying hard enough!
> 
> Both the 1100 and the 1200 are part of the SAME vote!  The proposition
> goes 'If my VC is 12 I vote 1200, else I vote 1100.'
> 
> See it was easy to twist it!

Yeah, but incorrect.  I deliberate sent that as two seperate voting
actions within the same message.

Just because you all don't like the scam does not me you can change what I
wrote. :)

--Dragon Mage

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Various harfing announcements
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:12:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, K 2 wrote:

> Pomp and Circumstance resulted in all players getting 10 Mannna - aside
> from Dragon Mage and King Felix and icy players who are prohibited by
> rule 4.

 And I, who is on Ganymede (or Titan).

-- 
Jonathan Amery.   There's an ocean of darkness and I drown in the night
   #####          Till I come through the darkness to the ocean of light.
  #######__o      You can lock me in prison but the light will be free,
  #######'/       'And I walk in the glory of the light', said he.

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Various harfing announcements
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:46:17 -0400 (EDT)

Jonathan David Amery wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, K 2 wrote:
>
> > Pomp and Circumstance resulted in all players getting 10 Mannna - aside
> > from Dragon Mage and King Felix and icy players who are prohibited by
> > rule 4.
>
>  And I, who is on Ganymede (or Titan).

When I went make the entry in the log I made a mental note to check who was
on the moon - and promptly forgot :-)

K 2

------------------------------

From: "Gabe (Ai! Pedrito!) Drummond-Cole" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Various harfing announcements
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:42:36 -0400 (EDT)

At 08:12 PM 6/24/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, K 2 wrote:
>
>> Pomp and Circumstance resulted in all players getting 10 Mannna - aside
>> from Dragon Mage and King Felix and icy players who are prohibited by
>> rule 4.
>
> And I, who is on Ganymede (or Titan).
>

wRONG.  Ganymede and Titan are no longer rule defined, and as you are a
player, you must have a rule-defined location, which i THINK defaults to
the library, your home, steps of town hall, or fairy land.
-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
DeeJay * Wrangler * Emperor

------------------------------

End of acka-research Digest V4 #108
***********************************