Subject: acka-research Digest V4 #80
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-research digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 00:00 EDT

acka-research Digest	Saturday, May 08 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 080

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 4161
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 03:32:36 -0400 (EDT)

The Voting Bot wrote:
>Proposal 4161
>Time to Cash in Our Chips
>else...if
>Due: Wed May 12 20:53:22 1999
>Sphere: Tocpe
>
>Replace the rules with the following TAKETWO-delimited text
>TAKETWO

<pretty much the original ruleset snipped>

>TAKETWO
>Destroy everything except for the rules and the players
>

Please do not vote for this.

I am in favor of the basic idea (a radical simplification of the rules and
a fresh start), but this implementation is terrible.  

All of the old proposals would be gone with the number restarting at 301,
all the anachronistic Suber stuff (like a rule explicitly permitting
DEBATE) would be in, and worst of all, all the very useful solutions to
basic nomic problems would be erased.  Ackanomic would have to worry again
about basic metaphysical problems like creating a zillion points through
the permisability of the unprohibited.

Better: lets chop the ruleset away section by section.  Trim it down to
say, 100k of the most useful rules and basic structures.

If you insist on totally new foundations, then at that point we can
massively restructure easily because the rules will be so small, but this
prop is just a can of worms.

....By two bits.

Studge

------------------------------

End of acka-research Digest V4 #80
**********************************