Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #265
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest   Wednesday, November 11 1998   Volume 03 : Number 265

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 00:38:06 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Cheesy Log [LONG]

K2 wrote:
> Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
> 
> > > > JT: 9   [8?]
> 
> is the Postmaster (Since: 04/Nov/98)

I had missed this.

> > > > /dev/joe: 4   [5?]
> 
>      is the Tabulator (Since: 19/Oct/98)
>      is a Senator in seat /dev/senate3 (Since: 21/Aug/96)
>      is the Promotor (Since: 16/Oct/98)
>      is a Justice (Since: 05/Apr/98)

You missed AckaPhysicist which was repealed by 3372 but never destroyed.

> > > > K 2: 4   [3?]
> 
>      is the Treasure-Harfer (Since: 23/Mar/98)
>      is the Org-Harfer (Since: 01/May/98)
>      is the Financier (Since: 08/May/98)
>      is the DoppelSlakko

Somehow, Slakko never harfed the Doppelslakko office on the offices archive.
I wonder why? :-)

> > > > ThinMan: 3   [4 with Spelling Exchequer just gained,
> >                   5 if Wizard was ever non-Capital]
> 
> 4 its only ever been capital as fas as I know

Well, the rule was repealed without destroying the office, and the concept
of Capital offices was done away with, and the Offices, Commonalities rule
says:

   All offices are either Functional or Political. If the rules fail to
   specify the type of an office, that office is a Political Office.

so I believe this made it Political.

> > > > rufus: 2*   [I had 4, but not knowing about impeachment]
> 
> e was impeached by the prez on 11.5.98 from the office of Trinket
> Harfer.
> 
> is a Grey Councilor (Since: 28/Aug/98)
> is the CSRR (Since: 08/Sep/98)
> with the trinket harfer that makes 3.... where is # 4?

rufus               : 98/04/05 Count Tabula       (since 97/12/23)

> > > > Gromit: 2   [1?]
> 
> is a Grey Councilor (Since: 09/Nov/98)

Missed this.

> > > > Niccolo Flychuck: 2   [3?]
> 
> I have em a Archealogist and AckaPhysicist only

Was he ever metamorph swinger after Cheeses started?  I know he was a
capital swinger later on.

Here's my log.  On each office which no longer exists I noted the proposal
which explicitly destroyed the office.  The only other stray besides
AckaPhysicist seems to be Boy Wonder, which was vacant when it ceased to
be defined, if Slakko harfed this correctly.

Player Name         : Date Last Office Name       (Date First Held)
                      Held
/dev/joe            : 98/04/17 Wizard [capital]   (since 98/02/07)
/dev/joe            : 98/06/13 Senate /dev/senate3(since 96/08/21)
/dev/joe            : 98/08/31 Swinger Vulcan     (since ?) P3482
/dev/joe            : 98/11/09 GOUDA DESTROYED
/dev/joe            : present  Ackaphysicist      (since 98/03/13)
/dev/joe            : present  Justice            (since 98/04/05)
/dev/joe            : present  Promoter           (since 98/10/16)
/dev/joe            : present  Senate /dev/senate3(since 98/07/03)
/dev/joe            : present  Tabulator          (since 98/10/19)
404 Not Found       : recent   DeeJay             (since 98/09/06)
A Mean Hat.         : present  Dungeon Master     (since 98/09/22)
A Mean Hat.         : present  Rule-Harfer        (since 98/10/16)
Alfvaen             : 98/02/22 Trinket-Harfer     (since 97/09/09)
Alfvaen             : 98/02/26 Web-Harfer         (since 97/08/13)
Alfvaen             : 98/04/27 Archaeologist      (since 98/01/27)
Alfvaen             : 98/05/01 Herald             (since 98/05/01?)
Alfvaen             : 98/05/08 Financier          (since 97/08/09)
Alfvaen             : 98/05/08 Undead-Harfer      (since 97/08/12)
Alfvaen             : 98/06/01 DeeJay             (since 98/04/13)
Alfvaen             : 98/07/06 Registrar          (since 97/08/17)
Alfvaen             : 98/07/27 Speaker            (since 98/01/20)
Alfvaen             : 98/08/24 Praetor            (since 98/03/05) P3442
Alfvaen             : 98/08/26 Swinger Metamorph  (since ?)
Alfvaen             : 98/08/31 Swinger Metamorph  (since 98/08/28)
Alfvaen             : 98/11/07 Illuminatus        (since 98/07/02)
Alfvaen             : 98/11/09 GOUDA DESTROYED
Alfvaen             : 98/11/09 Scorekeeper        (since 97/08/09)
Alfvaen             : present  Justice            (since 98/08/02)
Balsamic Dragon     : 98/02/27 Ambassador         (since 97/12/03)
Balsamic Dragon     : 98/02/27 Clerk of the Court (since 98/01/18)
Balsamic Dragon     : 98/02/27 Senate Melvin      (since 97/10/03)
Calvin N Hobbes     : 98/08/27 Senate Rebus 8-{}  (since 98/02/22)
Calvin N Hobbes     : recent   Grey Council War.  (since 98/08/31)
Calvin N Hobbes     : recent   Justice            (since 98/08/02)
Gromit              : 98/03/15 Boy Wonder         (since 98/01/06) ?
Gromit              : 98/03/23 Treasure-Harfer    (since 97/12/26)
Gromit              : 98/08/10 Clerk of the Court (since 98/03/03)
Gromit              : 98/08/13 Inventor           (since 98/04/17) P3369
Gromit              : 98/08/29 Scaremonger        (since 98/07/31)
Gromit              : 98/08/31 Nonaligned Swinger (since 98/08/22)
Gromit              : 98/08/31 Swinger Klingon    (since ?)
Gromit              : 98/09/06 Count Tabula       (since 98/04/10)
Gromit              : 98/09/08 CSRR Officer       (since 97/03/13)
Gromit              : 98/09/13 Ambassador         (since 98/05/27)
Gromit              : 98/09/22 Dungeon Master     (since 98/08/24)
Gromit              : 98/09/22 Runemaker          (since 98/08/11)
Gromit              : 98/11/09 GOUDA DESTROYED
Gromit              : present  Justice            (since 98/05/25)
Gromit              : present  Grey Council War.  (since 98/11/09)
Guy Fawkes          : 98/05/23 Ambassador         (since 97/03/14)
Guy Fawkes          : 98/05/23 Justice            (since 98/04/05)
IdiotBoy            : 98/08/24 Ackan Res. People  (since 98/05/17) P3442
J. M. Bear          : 98/08/28 Swinger Metamorph  (since 98/08/26)
JT                  : 98/08/05 Senate Melvin      (since 98/04/13)
JT                  : 98/08/24 Ackan Res. Financ. (since 98/05/26) P3442
JT                  : 98/08/31 Swinger Boomerangs (since 98/07/28)
JT                  : 98/09/01 DeeJay             (since 98/07/02)
JT                  : 98/11/09 GOUDA DESTROYED
JT                  : present  Grey Council War.  (since 98/08/31)
JT                  : present  Herald             (since 98/05/10)
JT                  : present  Justice            (since 98/09/19)
JT                  : present  Postmaster         (since 98/11/04)
JT                  : present  President          (since 98/09/16)
JT                  : present  Registrar          (since 98/07/25)
JT                  : present  Runemaker          (since 98/09/22)
JT                  : present  Speaker            (since 98/08/05)
JT                  : present  Trinket-Harfer     (since 98/05/15)
K 2                 : 98/06/13 Archaeologist      (since 98/04/27)
K 2                 : 98/07/05 Undead-Harfer      (since 98/05/08) P3216
K 2                 : 98/07/19 Archaeologist      (since 98/07/18) P3369
K 2                 : 98/08/24 Caped Crusader     (since 98/03/22) P3442
K 2                 : 98/08/27 President          (since 98/07/02)
K 2                 : 98/09/08 Scaremonger        (since 98/08/29)
K 2                 : 98/11/09 GOUDA DESTROYED
K 2                 : present  DoppelSlakko       (since ?)
K 2                 : present  Financier          (since 98/05/08)
K 2                 : present  Org-Harfer         (since 98/01/05)
K 2                 : present  Treasure-Harfer    (since 98/03/23)
Koxvolio            : 98/08/28 Swinger HARF       (since ?)
Niccolo Flychuck    : 98/03/02 Ackaphysicist      (since 97/11/08)
Niccolo Flychuck    : 98/06/21 Archaeologist      (since 98/06/13)
Niccolo Flychuck    : 98/08/31 Swinger TTH [cap]  (since ?)
Robin Hood          : 98/08/31 Swinger AVPP       (since 98/08/26)
Slakko              : 98/04/09 President          (since 98/02/12)
Slakko              : 98/06/13 President          (since 98/04/18)
Slakko              : 98/07/06 Runemaker          (since 97/12/23)
Slakko              : 98/07/18 Archaeologist      (since 98/06/21)
Slakko              : 98/08/31 Swinger SPAM       (since ?)
Slakko              : 98/11/09 GOUDA DESTROYED
Slakko              : present  Chess Umpire       (since 97/11/05)
Slakko              : present  Clerk of the Court (since 98/08/10)
Slakko              : present  Grey Council Rel.  (since 98/08/31)
Slakko              : present  Justice            (since 98/11/07)
Slakko              : present  Map-Harfer         (since 97/12/18)
Slakko              : present  Senate Melvin      (since 98/08/21)
Slakko              : present  Thrallmaster       (since 98/08/26)
Slakko              : present  Web-Harfer         (since 98/02/26)
Studge              : present  Grey Council Work. (since 98/08/31)
Studge              : present  Senate Rebus 8-{}  (since 98/09/16)
The Green Ripper    : 98/04/11 DeeJay             (since 98/03/05)
The Green Ripper    : 98/07/28 Swinger Boomerangs (since ?)
ThinMan             : 98/08/24 Gaoler             (since 97/12/02) P3442
ThinMan             : 98/08/25 Justice            (since 97/09/28)
ThinMan             : present  Grey Council Work. (since 98/08/31)
ThinMan             : present  Spelling Exchequer (since 98/11/10)
ThinMan             : present  Wizard [orig. cap.](since 98/04/17)
Vynd                : 98/03/09 CSRR Officer       (since 97/07/07)
Vynd                : 98/06/13 Senate Sinecure 33 (since 97/04/19)
Vynd                : present  Grey Council Rel.  (since 98/10/02)
Vynd                : present  Historian          (since 98/11/10)
Vynd                : present  Justice            (since 98/09/24)
Wallace             : present  Count Tabula       (since 98/09/16)
Wild Card           : present  Grey Council Rel.  (since 98/09/02)
breadbox            : 98/10/13 Historian          (since 97/10/16)
breadbox            : 98/10/13 Justice            (since 97/04/14)
breadbox            : 98/10/13 Poet Laureate      (since 97/08/28)
breadbox            : 98/10/13 Postmaster         (since 97/08/19)
breadbox            : 98/10/13 Promoter           (since 97/08/18)
breadbox            : 98/10/13 Rule-Harfer        (since 97/12/04)
breadbox            : 98/10/13 Spelling Exchequer (since 97/12/01)
breadbox            : 98/10/13 Tabulator          (since 97/08/18)
breadbox            : 98/11/09 GOUDA DESTROYED
eirs                : present  Ambassador         (since 98/09/13)
eirs                : present  Poet Laureate      (since 98/10/26)
eirs                : present  Scaremonger        (since 98/09/16)
else...if           : 98/03/15 Caped Crusader     (since 98/01/01)
else...if           : 98/08/24 Ackan Res. Chair   (since 98/03/05) P3442
else...if           : 98/08/24 Mad Scientist      (since 98/05/02) P3442
else...if           : 98/09/02 Grey Council Rel.  (since 98/08/31)
r-attila the farce  : present  General Contractor (since 98/09/29)
rufus               : 98/04/05 Count Tabula       (since 97/12/23)
rufus               : 98/05/11 Trinket-Harfer     (since 98/02/22)
rufus               : 98/05/11 IMPEACHED FROM TRINKET-HARFER
rufus               : present  CSRR Officer       (since 97/09/08)
rufus               : present  Grey Council Work. (since 98/08/31)
saaremaa            : 98/02/27 Praetor            (since 97/07/23)
saaremaa            : 98/07/08 Justice            (since 98/05/17)
saaremaa            : 98/10/28 Justice            (since 98/09/12)
smallpox blanket    : 98/05/02 Mad Scientist      (since 97/09/01)
smallpox blanket    : 98/08/31 Swinger Klingon    (since 98/08/07)
smallpox blanket    : present  Grey Council War.  (since 98/08/31)
smallpox blanket    : present  Senate Sinecure 33 (since 98/07/03)
two-star            : 98/03/30 Inventor           (since 97/08/13)
Goldenmean          : ?        Swinger            (since ?)
Red Barn            : ?        Swinger            (since ?)
Aunt Froot          : ?        Swinger            (since ?)

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 01:07:18 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: More Cheesy Logs

K2 also said:
> Cheedar (3 Harfy Props Accepted):
> 
> Calvin n Hobbes: 1
> breadbox: 2
> Guy Fawkes: 1
> The Green Ripper: 2
> Slakko: 2
> Illusion: 1
> Vynd: 2
> Aunt Froot: 1
> JT: 1
> Idiotboy: 1
> ThinMan: 1
> Mu-Cow Hunter: 1
> A Mean Hat.:1
> Everyone else: 0

My log:
Lost Cheddars:
Alfvaen: 2915, 3347, 3484 [restart at 3716]
/dev/joe: 3185, 3241, 3700 [restart at 3716]
Gromit: 2757, 2888, 3360, 3495 [restart at 3716]

Other Accepted Harfy props (since 2717)
A Mean Hat.: 3531
Aunt Froot: 3392
breadbox: 2722, 3483
Calvin N Hobbes: 2737
Guy Fawkes: 2724
IdiotBoy: 2853
Illusion: 2785
JT: 3567
Slakko: 3550, 3595
The Green Ripper: 2726, 3155
The Mu-Cow Hunter: 3192
ThinMan: 2911
Vynd: 2935, 3305

So we agree here.

> Gouda (3 >5 Games): ~I'm *Very* uncertain about this:

On these you were missing Viruses: I won a game in April, Alfvaen
won a game in September.   I posted my log earlier.

> Stilton (10 Prop Personal Streak):

My log.  Destroyed Stiltons:
Streaks of 10 or more consecutive accepted proposals for a player since 2717:
/dev/joe 17: 2886, 3041-3044, 3068, 3087, 3119, 3176, 3185, 3241, 3535,
    3601, 3631, 3672, 3679, 3700 [restart at 3717]
breadbox 15: 2940, 2981, 2989, 2999, 3000, 3033, 3061, 3083, 3084, 3177,
    3232, 3251, 3483, 3500, 3562 [ended by 3574]
Vynd 12: 2895, 2935, 2972, 3006, 3122, 3194, 3226, 3304-3307, 3311
    [ended by 3312]
Alfvaen 29: 2774, 2776, 2787, 2797, 2798, 2807, 2808, 2842, 2845, 2865,
    2866, 2876, 2877, 2880, 2899, 2902, 2904, 2913, 2914, 2915, 2931,
    2933, 2934, 2949, 2950, 2951, 2969, 3005, 3026 [ended by 3064]
    [I think Alfvaen deserves a special award for having a sequence of
    accepted proposals almost 3 times that needed for a Stilton.]
Slakko 11: 2947, 2957, 2959, 2963, 2976, 2991, 3003, 3015, 3020, 3024,
    3060 [ended by 3073]
K 2 10: 2800, 2803, 2818, 2879, 2890, 2891, 2923, 2927, 2955, 2956
    [ended by 2961]

Current Streaks ended by destroyed stiltons:
/dev/joe 17: [the one above]
Alfvaen 9: 3585, 3625, 3663, 3664, 3665, 3669, 3688, 3696, 3704
    [restart at 3717]

> ThinMan: 6
> Guy Fawkes: 4

  [I have saaremaa with a current streak of 3 and breadbox with 2]

> Gromit: 2

  [I see no streak since 3699 was rejected]

> Illusion: 1
> J. M. Bear: 1
> Koxvolio: 1
> Mu-Cow Hunter: 1
> two-star: 1
> Ethelred: 1
> Fortunato: 1
> r-attila the farce: 1

Current streaks, since 2717:
ThinMan 6: 2910, 2911, 2920, 3089, 3090, 3588
Guy Fawkes 4: 2770, 2771, 2772, 2826
saaremaa 3: 3642, 3647, 3658
breadbox 2: 3575, 3576
Ethelred 1: 3572
Illusion 1: 2785
J. M. Bear 1: 3426
Koxvolio 1: 3136
The Mu-Cow Hunter 1: 3192
Wallace 1: 3678
r-attila the farce 1: 3702
two-star 1: 3547

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 01:13:24 -0500 (EST)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: I'm back...

10/23

hmmm still need two players for a revolution....

K 2

404 Not Found wrote:

> I'm back from being away...
>
>   ... I change my status to Voting.
>
> -- 404 Not Found
>
> ---
> Imperial Emporer and Moderator of the Fantasy Wargame Design Project
> http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/1047/fw_index.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 01:27:36 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: More Cheesy Logs

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
>Other Accepted Harfy props (since 2717)
>JT: 3567

According to the digest ackanomic.v03.n161, I also had prop 3079 made
harfy by Vynd.  Thus I have 2 harfy props, not 1 :)

- --JT, setting the record straight

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:39:06 -0500 (EST)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Cheesy things

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> I did up an attempt at a log of offices from Slakko's office archive, and
> some checking email archives, but I am missing:

Woohoo!  It came in useful!

- -- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:59:19 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3734

> Proposal 3734
> An alternative
> K 2
> Due: Wed Nov 18 08:31:47 1998
> 
> Delete the phrase 'If ever over 50% of all player have a rebeliousnees
> characteristic of "on" and any player points this out publicly then a
> Revolution shall begin.' from rule Rule 320 (Governments Rule Suite).
> 
> {{If a Revolution is in progress it ends.}}
> 
> {{The current government of Ackanomic is set to Democracy.}}

This proposal, identical to 3733 in every way, including typos and errors,
is invalid and removed from voting consideration.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:56:52 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Cheesy things

> Fictionary: Game 2: 14 players, Alfvaen
> Ghost: Game 4: 9 players, Alfvaen
> ???? I know there is one more... ???

Viruses, of course, you silly peak!

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Stereolab:Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Current Book--Tom Wolfe:The Bonfire of The Vanities
Poison me with liquor then break out the party hats

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #265
***********************************