Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #263
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest     Sunday, November 8 1998     Volume 03 : Number 263

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 03:43:33 -0500 (EST)
From: "Bryan Federico" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 685 (r-attila the farce)

>On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, K 2 wrote:
>
>> Is this correct in light of Rule 212 : vi) All Players who have 
declined
>> to
>> judge the CFJ are excluded.
>
>I think you mean the next bit, the bit about people who have other 
CFJs.
>Well, the current list of eligible players (at least at that time) was
>less than half the number of active players, so no players can be 
removed
>from the list of potential Judges merely by virtue of having an
>outstanding CFJ.

Not only that but the only reason it was outstanding was because Slakko 
hadn't posted it yet i had returned it to him with judgement the day 
before

R-Attila The Farce
(:|Worker|General Contractor|Daring Adventurer|:)

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:20:15 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: I'm Movin' Out!

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, K 2 wrote:

> I would also aurgue that the actual "induction" doesn't occour until the player
> has been confirmed. So I would expect this song to play in about 30 days time
> if breadbox doesn't return before then.

Huh?  Rule 843 says "If the player in questions returns to the game at
least 30 days after being _enshrined_".

The enshrined bit is the actual induction, which part 6) indicates happens
as soon as the confirmation period is over and the results have been
announced.

- -- 
Duncan C. Richer aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother | Queens' College
http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/    Ackanomic     | U. of Cambridge
Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator  | 2nd Year PhD(PMa)

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #263
***********************************