Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #248
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest     Friday, October 23 1998     Volume 03 : Number 248

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 07:53:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3688

[email-masked] wrote:

> Proposal 3688
> Twice In Two Days???
> Alfvaen
> Due: Thu Oct 29 00:43:08 1998

Um, I may have missed something but this doesn't sound right to me. Most
times the first of a month is a thursday the previous day was the fifth
wednesday of the last month. The only time you could get someone chewing the
gumball two consecutive days woul be if March 1 was a thursday (and even
then not in leap years). In total that is just under once every seven years.
I think we can cope with that.

Rambo.

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:19:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3688

>Um, I may have missed something but this doesn't sound right to me. Most
>times the first of a month is a thursday the previous day was the fifth
>wednesday of the last month. The only time you could get someone chewing the
>gumball two consecutive days woul be if March 1 was a thursday (and even
>then not in leap years). In total that is just under once every seven years.
>I think we can cope with that.

I think my esteemed fellow player is missing the point.  We have the
first and third Thursdays and the second and fourth Wednesdays, right?
I am not talking about the first Thursday being adjacent to the fourth
Wednesday of the previous month.  I am talking about the third Thursday
coming right after the second Wednesday, because the first day of the
month was a Thursday.  If the 1st is a Thursday, then the 15th is the
third Thursday, right?  But the 7th is the first Wednesday, and thus
the 14th the second Wednesday.  Twice in two days, as I said.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/)
Song In My Head--Moxy Fruvous:Video Bargainville
Current Book--Juanita Coulson:Legacy of Earth
Do not leave doll by microwave oven.  Doll may come to life and kill. --Tencza

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #248
***********************************