Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #241
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest     Friday, October 16 1998     Volume 03 : Number 241

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:47:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: RFC: Contrackats

I was just reviewing the contract rules and I noticed that players are
required to pay the SHF both for creation of contracts and for signing
em. I dutifully deducted A$25 from Alfvaen and two-star's accounts but
while I was doing so I thought - that seems a little extreme. So I
thought removing the SHF payment from signing would be a Good Idea. And
then I thought how about removing the SHF payment altogether (at least
on a temporary basis) perhaps this might encourage the creation of some
contracts.... any way the RFC is this; does anyone have an opinion on
this?

#submit proposal
Amend Rule 560 (Contracts) in the following ways:
I.  replace the sentence : "Any player may create a Contract at any time
by paying the Standard Harfer Fee, providing a unique name for it, and
announcing the fact of its creation and whether or not it is a public
Contract."
with:
"Any player may create a Contract at any time by providing a unique name
for it, and announcing the fact of its creation and whether or not it is
a public Contract."

II.  replace the sentence : "Any player may sign a public Contract by
paying the Standard Harfer Fee and signing it as a public action. "
with:
"Any player may sign a public Contract as a public action."
#end proposal

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:48:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: RFC: Contrackats

> I was just reviewing the contract rules and I noticed that players are
> required to pay the SHF both for creation of contracts and for signing
> em. I dutifully deducted A$25 from Alfvaen and two-star's accounts but
> while I was doing so I thought - that seems a little extreme. So I
> thought removing the SHF payment from signing would be a Good Idea. And
> then I thought how about removing the SHF payment altogether (at least
> on a temporary basis) perhaps this might encourage the creation of some
> contracts.... any way the RFC is this; does anyone have an opinion on
> this?

I would suggest removing the SHF for signing but leaving it for creation,
just to avoid something like Red Barn's 117641 quite garish tie contracts.
 :-)

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 23:26:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Curious clock.

To the best of my knowledge two-star released the map to the curious clock on
or about 7/09/1998  23:32:16. The treasure harfer had already added the map to
the found page - so i presume e had seen a public release of it :)

K 2

JT wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Alexandre Owen Muniz wrote:
>
> >Forgot to show the map, so let me try this again. TJ has found the
> >treasure containing the Curious Clock.
> >
> >The Map was:
> >
> >This treasure shall be found by the first player to create a forgery with
> >a value of 24 A$
>
> Interstingly enough, this means I *just* found this treasure.
> which means I found it after I signed the silver shovel contract :)
>
> I go to the museum and donate the Curious Clock making it an antiquity.
> I return home.
>
> --JT, feeling an extreme case of deja vu.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 23:30:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Curious clock.

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, K 2 wrote:
>To the best of my knowledge two-star released the map to the curious clock on
>or about 7/09/1998  23:32:16. The treasure harfer had already added the map to
>the found page - so i presume e had seen a public release of it :)

Yes.. As I found when I went and checked the archives.  Somehow this
message got resent by **'s computer which caused my heart to leap for
several seconds :)

Anyway.  It was in fact released on September 7th or 9th (cannot recall
offhand) :)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #241
***********************************