Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #212
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest     Monday, September 7 1998     Volume 03 : Number 212

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 02:22:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: PF

As TJ was cruelly robbed of an integral part of the Curious Clock
treasure,
I create a trinket called "1 PF Voting Gnome" worth 1 A$, with the
description "A clever forgery" and give it to TJ.

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 02:33:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: PF

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Alexandre Muniz wrote:
>As TJ was cruelly robbed of an integral part of the Curious Clock
>treasure,
>I create a trinket called "1 PF Voting Gnome" worth 1 A$, with the
>description "A clever forgery" and give it to TJ.

While I appreciate two-star's efforts, I do notice that this occured on
the acka-research list and thank him for the thought which I'd rather have
instead of the clever forgery which I couldn't keep :)

- --TJ

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 10:28:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (I am the Water Boatman)
Subject: Acka: effects of Proposal 3532 (Weishaupt)

>{{As soon as this proposal is passed, there will be one random matchup of two
>active players to see if the strengths of one surpass the strengths of the
>other. The result is determined randomly, with an equal chance that each player
>wins. The winner gains a point and the loser loses a point. 

I was going to vote yes on this proposal, but I'm not sure if it works as
intended, simply because it is so vague. What is meant by 'strengths'? and what
method will be used for testing the comparative strengths of the two players?

Ethelred

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 13:07:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: effects of Proposal 3532 (Weishaupt)

At 10:28 AM 9/7/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>{{As soon as this proposal is passed, there will be one random matchup of
two
>>active players to see if the strengths of one surpass the strengths of the
>>other. The result is determined randomly, with an equal chance that each
player
>>wins. The winner gains a point and the loser loses a point. 
>
>I was going to vote yes on this proposal, but I'm not sure if it works as
>intended, simply because it is so vague. What is meant by 'strengths'? and
what
>method will be used for testing the comparative strengths of the two players?
>
>Ethelred

As I explained before, the intent, which i think is fairy clearly set
forth, is that a totally random determination should be made, so that one
player gains a point and one player loses a point.  It says that explicitly
in the proposal.  The real reason behind it is not because this is
something I _really_ _really_ want; the real reason i submitted it *might*
have something to do with a treasure.  It's really fairly straightforward.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 18:04:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3504 accepted

> > {{All entities owned by the player legally able to take the name Slakko are
> > transferred into the possession of Tammany.
> > All offices held by the player legally able to take the name Slakko are
> > instead held by Tammany.
> > All titles held by the player legally able to take the name Slakko are
> > given to Tammany.

> > The player legally able to take the name Slakko is converted into a
> > discovery. Slakko is Debunked.}}

> > {{
> > An active voting player with the name Slakko is created and associated with
> > the natural person called Duncan Richer.
> > All entities owned by Tammany are transferred into the possession of
> > Slakko.
> > All offices held by Tammany are instead held by Slakko.
> > All titles held by Tammany are given to Slakko.
> > Repeal Rule 1399.
> > }}

Since Rule 603 considers points to be entities, I shall consider them to be
transferred appropriately.  However, I note that Slakko's former attributes
and characteristics are now lost, and eir Thrall attribute in particular.
(And what happens if one's Thrall attribute is the name of a recently-
debunked Discovery?)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Gordon Lightfoot:Gord's Gold
Current Book--John M. Ford:Web of Angels
Egad!  A base tone denotes a bad age.

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #212
***********************************