Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #160
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest      Saturday, July 18 1998      Volume 03 : Number 160

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 00:11:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3303

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
>> That's odd. A typo?
>
>I can't remember, did we make Obfuscation a Crime?

I think we made it annoying at least.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:42:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3303

>> I think we made it annoying at least.
	I think the way we wrote it, it doesn't apply to things like this.
Of course, it may depend on what judge you get...

>OK, OK, my little joke has run its course.  I retract proposal 3303.  I
>didn't expect it to go all the way through the voting without someone
>noticing, although I was hoping that if it made it past breadbox (God only
>knows what he does to those proposals when we're not looking) it might at
>least sneak by for a few days.  My congratulations to K 2 for actually
>reading my proposal.  I'm curious, how many people out there "read" my
>proposal and missed this?  I've always had the impression that, on the
>longer proposals, many people read the first two paragraphs and the last
>two, and leave it at that... :)
	I freely admit that I rarely read proposals in detail.  I usually
assume that someone else will (and so far I've always been right).  In this
case I assumed it was what you had RFCd and didn't bother to read it.

- --
- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #160
***********************************