Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #149
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest       Sunday, July 5 1998       Volume 03 : Number 149

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 21:00:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: I'm Back!

> Grrr.. you're right.  (I don't quite see the reasoning for that clause in
> the rules, but it sure enough is there :) 

The reasoning is so that you can't use the ploy of becoming an inactive
player to avoid duties and scams and whatnot in the game.  Vacation
should be for taking a leave from the game for real reasons, not part
of the game, IMO -- part of the meta game instead.  It attempts to crack
down on meta game moves for use as in-game tactics.  To me vacation is sort
of like putting chess pieces in a box, and not part of the game of chess.

saaremaa

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 22:09:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3215 rejected

> Results of Proposal 3215
>
> [...]
> 
>     PRESENT:
> Horny Protoceratops                     [Horny Protoceratops is now active]

Just to clarify, Horny Protoceratops did in fact cast eir votes
moments before going on vacation. This does not change the fact that e
is On Ice.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 22:52:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Hm.

> There's going to be a delay here. I'm going to harf Proposal 3216+3217
> before releasing any more voting results, since I can't offhand be
> sure that it won't affect calculations of quorum et al.

Probably not a bad idea.  I just submitted a CFJ to the effect that
P3215 did not trigger any Whamiols because Horny Protoceratops was not
a Pending player at the time(and hence did not become Active), but I
really don't know whether the rewordings from P3216 would affect that.

By the way, scoring for P3217 is as normal, right?  I had a vague memory
that it might have nullified its own scoring, but I can't find that
anywhere, so I guess saaremaa gets double points for eir double
Proposal...which of course is only fair.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Daft Punk:Homework
Current Book--Fred Saberhagen:The Dracula Tape
I like to torture my plants by watering them with ice cubes.

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #149
***********************************