Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #143
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest       Monday, June 29 1998       Volume 03 : Number 143

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 18:59:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CSR draft

This is a draft.  Feel free to go to town...

- -----

Amend rule 101 to append this to the end of it:

"
The changes to the game state described in the sentences following
this one occur in the order they appear in this rule; this
sentence is removed from this rule one second after it becomes
the last sentence in this rule.

{{

All proposal submissions sent to breadbox, yet not
yet distributed by him are destroyed.

All proposals which have been distributed by breadbox and
are numbered 3215 thru 3239 inclusive are ZZimsy proposals;
no other proposals are ZZimsy proposals.

All voting actions as described in rule 313 on any ZZimsy 
proposals are cancelled.

All ZZimsy proposals have their voting period extended so
that it ends 3 days from now [I chose 3 instead of 7.  You
can tweak this; for most people it will be a cut/paste from
the send folder, and if not, most people have formed an
opinion]

breadbox is removed from the offices of Tabulator, Promoter,
Postmaster, and Rule-Harfer; he loses no Honour as a result of
this.

Mr. Tambourine Man is removed from the office of Clerk of the
Court; he loses no Honour as a result of this.

[Did I miss an important office?  I don't care about Spelling Ex,
Poet Laureate, or any of that now]

JT becomes promoter.
JT becomes tabulator.
Mr. Tambourine Man becomes Rule-Harfer. [what about your vacation?]
[XXX] becomes Postmaster.
saaremaa becomes Clerk of the Court.

[anything I missed?]

}}
"

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 19:12:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CSR draft

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Randy Hall wrote:
>[XXX] becomes Postmaster.

If no one else wants this, I can do this as well, however, i will gladly
defer to anyone else who wants this.

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 23:38:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: CSR draft

>Amend rule 101 to append this to the end of it:

>"
>The changes to the game state described in the sentences following
>this one occur in the order they appear in this rule; this
>sentence is removed from this rule one second after it becomes
>the last sentence in this rule.

>{{

>All proposal submissions sent to breadbox, yet not
>yet distributed by him are destroyed.

>All proposals which have been distributed by breadbox and
>are numbered 3215 thru 3239 inclusive are ZZimsy proposals;
>no other proposals are ZZimsy proposals.

>All voting actions as described in rule 313 on any ZZimsy 
>proposals are cancelled.

>All ZZimsy proposals have their voting period extended so
>that it ends 3 days from now [I chose 3 instead of 7.  You
>can tweak this; for most people it will be a cut/paste from
>the send folder, and if not, most people have formed an
>opinion]

I think it would still be nice if the Proposals whose periods
originally ended on the Solstice still counted for the True
Prophet rule; perhaps said rule could use "Proposals which were
distributed seven calendar days prior to the Solstice" instead
of "Proposals coming due on the Solstice"?

>breadbox is removed from the offices of Tabulator, Promoter,
>Postmaster, and Rule-Harfer; he loses no Honour as a result of
>this.

>Mr. Tambourine Man is removed from the office of Clerk of the
>Court; he loses no Honour as a result of this.

I don't know if this is necessary, because MTM is fully capable of
resigning on eir own, and we have at least an Acting President who is
capable of appointing a COTC in pretty much the same time as it
takes for a CSR to pass.

>[Did I miss an important office?  I don't care about Spelling Ex,
>Poet Laureate, or any of that now]

Maybe if you just removed breadbox from eir Offices or something...

>JT becomes promoter.
>JT becomes tabulator.
>Mr. Tambourine Man becomes Rule-Harfer. [what about your vacation?]
>[XXX] becomes Postmaster.
>saaremaa becomes Clerk of the Court.

>[anything I missed?]

I think it would be really nice if the whole question of the aborted
Nominations/Elections were settled.  Something to the effect that only
the most recent Nominations called by MTM for any vacant Offices that
were vacant before eir most recent Vacation are valid...or some cleaner
way of phrasing it.  They will probably be over by that time, but at
least this will close off any potential thread splits.

- --
- --Alfvaen (Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Song--Dog's Eye View:Everything Falls Apart
Current Book--David Brin:Heaven's Reach
"Fostos, szaros, rah, rah, rah!"

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #143
***********************************