Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #80
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest      Friday, April 24 1998      Volume 03 : Number 080

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:29:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2924

Oops, and I thought I had an uptodate copy of the rules ;)

Still the only reasin I was changin the MR price was to make all the prices a
different mulitple of 2 :)

K 2

Tom Walmsley wrote:

> > Amend the following sentence, were it appears in rule 594.4 (Blueprint:
> > Vending Machine):
> > The price for which a Magic Radish may be sold starts at A$7.
> > to read:
> > The price for which a Magic Radish may be sold starts at A$4.
>
> This last bit won't work. It was changed (I think to 8) by a recent CSR.
>
> TGW, CSRR.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 06:51:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Deejay's Page

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:

> > What have you got against CENTER tags?
> > They're chocolate, they're mint, they're delicious!
> > No, wait.
> > 
> > They're formatting, they're simple, they're Lynx friendly.
> > 
>  And they're depreciated.

That's not true; they've been going up in value recently.

- -Hubert

I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose. 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:58:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Imagination (was: Proposal 2899)

>> Earth and sky are not bad, actually.  (And blue is certainly dead--it's
>> the colour of oxygen deprivation!)
>
>Or cyanide poisoning.
>
>-Hube*t

I thought the blue colour in cyanide poisoning was due to oxygen deprivation
(caused, IIRC, by the cyanide binding to haemoglobin)?

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 19:02:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC: Stocks proposal

	How about the Stock Index, which is affected by people throwing
things at someone in the stocks.

- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 20:48:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stock Market RFC

Amend section b of rule 530 to read as delimited CONTROL

CONTROL

b) If for any reason the positivity value is unspecified, it will be
set to 10. If the positivity value is less than 0, then it will
immediately become 0. Whenever a proposal passes, at the moment its
results are publicly knowable, the positivity value will increase by
the P-setting for every player who voted in favor of the proposal.
Whenever a proposal fails, at the moment its results are publicly
knowable, the positivity value will decrease by the N-setting for every
player who voted against it. 

CONTROL

Amend Rule 534 to read as delimited by MULTITUDES

MULTITUDES

There is a named, unownable, unique entity known as The Ackan Reserve.
There is an optional functional office with one seat known as Chair of
the Ackan Reserve, or AR-C.   There is an optional political office
known as the People's Member of the Ackan Reserve, or AR-P.  There is
an optional office known as the Financial Communitie's Member of the
Ackan Reserve, or AR-F.  There are also six Appointed Members of the
Ackan Reserve, known to be upstading citizens of Acka, however they do
not vote on any Ackan Reserve business described in the rules. 
{{[Presumably this includes Phoebe and so on.]}}  The AR-C, AR-P, and
AR-F, are collectively known as the Board of the Ackan Reserve, or ARB.
 If a player has two offices which are on the ARB than one will be
confiscated, either the AR-F, of the AR-P if they do not own the AR-F.

The ARB is responsible for setting the P- and N-settings.  It may
change them by any two members of the ARB publicly announcing which
setting they want to change and a value greater than 0 and less than or
equal to 1.

It is a duty of the Chair of the Ackan Reserve to track the value of
the Stock Market, including the calculation of the ACT quotient, and to
make this value available to all players. 

MULTITUDES

{{The P-setting is set to 0.1.  The N-setting is set to 0.15.}}

{{The AR-F is transferred to the treasury, nominations are called for
on the AR-P.}}

- -- 

- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and
Yilran

	<<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.

		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #80
**********************************