Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #71
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest     Wednesday, April 15 1998     Volume 03 : Number 071

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:12:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC - Founderless Churches

>Let's try this way:
>
>FOUNDER
>If the Founder of a Church ever leaves the Church by declaring it publicly
>or by leaving the game, the Church shall be considered "orphan" until it
>achieves the following conditions:
>
>(1) it has <number> or more members whose game status is Active

I'd recommend this to be 5 (takes a lot to bring something back from the
dead) :)

>(2) it has 3 or more Priests

I'd probably be willing to let this go at 2 priests.

>(3) at least one of its Priests has already read one of the Ackanomicon
>pages that reffer to any of the following:
>	(a) the Arcane Lore
>	(c) Ancient Artefact
>	(b) The Secret
>	(c) Long Lost Treasure

I like this, though I'm not sure why Long Lost Treasure is a reason for
priesthood.  You might want to make it that one of the priests is
Enlightened which is also relatively easy to accomplish, but has other
effects to boot.

>(4) at least one of its members owns a Trinket worth more than A$79

This is trivial to accomplish.. Why have it in there at all?

>Does it sound better? Any suggestions for the value of <number> on the
>first condition? Is it OK to give other player a gift? Has anyone ever read
>these pages of the Ackanomicon?

Well, gifts certainly happen frequently, and Slakko just read the 'Secret'
page :)

I think an Otzma card would be a nice addition as well, and I'll probably
propose it and share the points with Niccolo who suggested it I believe.

- --JT

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #71
**********************************