Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #51
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest      Friday, March 27 1998      Volume 03 : Number 051

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:39:17 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The END of Grab-A-Donkey (sniff)

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Guy Fawkes wrote:

> As for the specific proposals -- I don't particularly dislike either, but
> neither does either one particularly thrill me.  The first gives me a
> headache, as do all things reminiscent of the Unexpected paradox (in this
> case, it would be -- you cannot grab on the round your opponent expects
> you to grab, or you will be grabbed yourself.  Therefore, you must grab on
> a round he does not expect you to.  Yet, on any given round, it is
> expected that you will grab.)

Isn't that the whole point of GAD?  Trying to play unexpectedly while
expecting your opponents to do likewise?

I must say I prefer your changes though.
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #51
**********************************