Subject: acka-research-digest V3 #50
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest     Thursday, March 26 1998     Volume 03 : Number 050

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 00:07:50 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: The END of Grab-A-Donkey (sniff)

> Here's an idea, which is certainly NOT routine maintenance, that I like.
> 1) Get the Little Lamb out of the game.  The only effect of including it
> is to give the winner of  a weekly Hubert a great advantage.
> 2) Cause all previously grabbed donkeys to function like the Little Lamb
> -- that is, when you successfully Grab, the size of your "herd" increases.
> When you are grabbed, its size decreases (perhaps when grabbed, one donkey
> should leave your herd for the Treasury, and the other should go to the
> successful Grabber, so that the number of donkeys in the game actually
> does decrease over time.  If the grabbee has only one donkey, give it to
> the Grabber.

I actually thought that that was the way the game was played, when I
first joined.  But by the time I actually got to play(I joined during
the snowgod/Mr. Lunatic Fringe game, you see), I knew better.

Of course, we have to leave it to K 2 to submit one of these, or at least
we "should".  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Song--Michelle Shocked:When I Grow Up
Current Book--Jane Yolen:White Jenna
This sentence in English is difficult to translate into French.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 04:06:44 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Let Me Run This By People

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, **Alexandre Muniz wrote:

> Slakko wrote:
> > 
> > What would you say if I suggested that the first player to return from a
> > successful trip to Kansas should win a cycle for doing so?
> > 
> 
> Nah, I think lunar travel should be made a little easier actually.
> However, it might make sense for some sort of cheese to be found there.
> After all, some moons are known to be made of cheese.

Perhaps two cheeses of your choice? :-)
Or only one, what do people think?
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:43:52 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Re 2796

The idea of the proposal is good, but I think the Quorum Call is over too
quickly.  If I read it correctly, a call lasts for at most 48 hours.  This
means people have to respond within 48 hours to a quorum call or be
disenfranchised.  A 72 hour minimum is the traditional standard and I see
no reason to change this.

So, I'll support the proposal (because it does do some good with the
Senate), but until the Quorum Call feature is changed to 72 hours at a
minimum, I will use my Presidental Powers (as long as I am president) to
nullify any Quorum Call unless exceptional circumstances indicate
otherwise.

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 19:27:03 -0500 (EST)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The END of Grab-A-Donkey (sniff)

> Here's an idea, which is certainly NOT routine maintenance, that I like.
> 1) Get the Little Lamb out of the game.  The only effect of including it
> is to give the winner of  a weekly Hubert a great advantage.

this should prolly happen, or at least limit the amount of confusion that can occur
for example :a player will only be confused once per game,
alternatively the little lamb only extends its protective aegis over a players
donkey during eir first possession of the lamb for a particular game, after which
the differences between the little lamb and eir donkey become apparent.

> 2) Cause all previously grabbed donkeys to function like the Little Lamb
> -- that is, when you successfully Grab, the size of your "herd" increases.
> When you are grabbed, its size decreases (perhaps when grabbed, one donkey
> should leave your herd for the Treasury, and the other should go to the
> successful Grabber, so that the number of donkeys in the game actually
> does decrease over time.  If the grabbee has only one donkey, give it to
> the Grabber.

I like this bit also.

I also thought of extending the fair play awards to GAD.

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V3 #50
**********************************