Subject: acka-research-digest V2 #203
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest     Monday, December 15 1997     Volume 02 : Number 203

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 19:36:54 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC: Big new org thing!

(It's for e-mails like this that politeness moon was created...)

>I tried that! What do you think 2457 was about?  It didn't work then, and
>I don't like the idea of having my idea taken without even asking me for
>a proposal within 2 weeks.
	My apologies.  I was unaware that the idea being yours was more
important than it being passed.  I apologize for attempting to repass an
idea of yours I agreed with.  I withdraw the suggestion.

>You can't do that.  A Big Tent is an org power.  Remove Org Powers and no
>new political parties can be formed.
	Um...did you read the proposal?  Political parties are done
differently under the proposal.

- --
Omnium pro iure, ius pro omnio

- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	"I think the true test of a genius is the ability to see the
follies of one's own times.  The ability to change one's own times is the
true test of a leader.  And the ability to do both is the true test of a
visionary who will never be elected."
	-Marilyn vos Savant

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 19:40:28 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC: Org reorg 2nd draft

>If a political party gains one or more unity votes against a proposal
>for over fifty percent of proposals for which other political parties
>do not gain a unity vote of any sort in a week then the political party
>is disbanded.
>[My best attempt at avoiding the possibility of a repeat of the problem
>with the underworld...]
	Whoa!  That's unfair to well organized parties.  How about let
players call a hearing for Obstruction of Progress against the party?

>5. A player may not be a member of more than one Church at the same
>time.
	I still like this.  Not only does it make no sense to be a member
of multiple churches, it opens the way to scams.

Looks good

- --
Omnium pro iure, ius pro omnio

- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	"I think the true test of a genius is the ability to see the
follies of one's own times.  The ability to change one's own times is the
true test of a leader.  And the ability to do both is the true test of a
visionary who will never be elected."
	-Marilyn vos Savant

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 20:15:51 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC: Org reorg 2nd draft

>Chruches are something I don't even pretend to understand, so I won't
>comment on them.  One thing that seemed to be missing was the whole "More
>than Human" business though, oh, and Secret Labs.  Now personally, I don't
>care much one way or the other if these remain, but you will undoubtedly
>lose votes if you kill them.
	I think we should keep more than human, but only for churches.
Secret Labs are only for corporations, and will be handled seperately.
(I'll draft that proposal when I catch up to my life...)

- --
Omnium pro iure, ius pro omnio

- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	"I think the true test of a genius is the ability to see the
follies of one's own times.  The ability to change one's own times is the
true test of a leader.  And the ability to do both is the true test of a
visionary who will never be elected."
	-Marilyn vos Savant

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V2 #203
***********************************