Subject: acka-research-digest V2 #178
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest    Saturday, November 22 1997    Volume 02 : Number 178

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 19:30:57 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: RFC: Proposal

Title: Someone Better Fix That "Misteak"

#begin Proposal

Amend Rule 342, "Spelling Bee", by appending the following SUBER-delimited
text to it:

SUBER
Any holder of a Unique Office may post a public message asking the
Web-Harfer to initiate a flight of the Spelling Bee, and specifying at
least one stinging.  No player may post such a message if they have posted
such a message in the last seven days.  If all stingings are legitimate,
then the Web-Harfer has seven days from the time of the posting to
initiate a flight, which must include all stingings in the message, but
may also include other stingings.  If e does not initiate a flight
including all stingings within seven days (as e is entitled to do), and
there exists a rule which lists the Privileges of an Office held by the
player who sent the public message (if e holds more than one Office with
Privileges, then one of these will be chosen at random equiprobably), then
the following NEST-delimited sentence will be inserted into the rule after
the last of the Privileges:
NEST
This Office also has the Privilege to initiate flights of the Spelling
Bee.
NEST
If a player holds a Unique Office which has the Privilege of initiating
flights of the Spelling Bee, then, notwithstanding the above provisions of
this rule, e shall not be entitled to post a public message asking the
Web-Harfer to initiate a flight.
SUBER

 --
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
"... and entirely motivated by hormones.  Works for me!" --  Freakazoid!
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/27/Index.html <----- Imperial Nomic 27

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V2 #178
***********************************