Subject: acka-research-digest V2 #166
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest    Saturday, October 25 1997    Volume 02 : Number 166

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 09:59:00 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2341

> Proposal 2341
> Antidisestablishmentarianism

> "1. Forming an Organization
> Any player may form a new Organization by anouncing publically its name
> and the names of its members.

> 5. Player Liberty Clause
> 
> No player may become a member of an Organization without first expressing
> their consent to joining it. A player may leave an Organization of which
> he or she is a member at any time.

This may be a problem with the current rules as well, but it certainly
seems to be a problem with this implementation.  Is the intent that the
founder announce the org, and then all players publically announce their
consent?  I think it would work better if a clause was added to section 5
saying that this clause does not apply when the organization is created.  

OTOH, It still leaves open another problem ("I am forming an organization 
called X and all Acka players are members of it").  If the intent is to 
exclude that, then  the sentence in section 1 should read: "Any player may 
form a new Organization by announcing its name and membership policy".

In other words, either way you interpret 1 and 5 working together, there is a
bug.

- ---
 
> Any player may request membership in an Organization. The Organization may
> then grant the request as a public action. When a request for membership
> is granted, the player becomes a member of the Organization.

It would seem that the senate would be able to grant membership to anyone
who asks for it?

- ---

> Unless specified otherwise by other rules, only players may become members
> of an Organization.

> VII.
> Create a new rule entitled "More Than human" which contains the following
> text:

I don't see where the Synod is given the "More Than Human" power.  If this
proposal passes, it will not be possible for any organization to join the
Synod, if I understand it correctly.

Malenkai

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V2 #166
***********************************