Subject: acka-research-digest V2 #163
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest     Monday, October 20 1997     Volume 02 : Number 163

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:56:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Bad Player

I hereby thwack myself with the Salmon of Correction for not voting on
Proposal 2330. That done, I note that our President has a duty.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:34:22 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2328 rejected

> Fortunato                               [no longer pending]

This triggers Crackfoo and Voting Gnome's Whamiols, for the full 15 points
for each one.  It also reminds me, somewhat belatedly, that since October
1st the same Whamiols have been anxious, and subtracting points from their
owners' scores; thankfully, this will only affect the most recent bond
cycle.  I guess I'll post a corrected version of that sometime tonight.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Pink Floyd:Ummagumma
Current Book--Joel Rosenberg:Hero
A sine curve goes off to infinity or at least the end of the blackboard.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:49:02 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Bad Player

> I hereby thwack myself with the Salmon of Correction for not voting on
> Proposal 2330.

What, you were going to vote against it?  :-)  I'm also pleased to have
transmitted the "Salmon of Correction" meme.

> That done, I note that our President has a duty.

<ahem>

It is at times like this, with the unanimous passage of Proposal 2330,
that I think back upon the difference between wartime and peacetime.  The
appeal bug that /dev/joe most ably repaired with his noble Proposal, was a
valuable weapon in the struggle against the Evil Tyrannical Ruling Elite
only a short time ago.  Had this Proposal been submitted then, it would
surely have met with less than unanimous approval, being seen as a blatant
attempt to close off a bug in the Ruleset.  (Of course, as one of the ETRE
himself, /dev/joe wouldn't have needed to Propose it at all, but that is a
minor technicality.)

But it also avoids such problems as simultaneous appeals, before any of the
appealers could have seen the others.  /dev/joe is to be praised for his
tightening of the Rules in this matter.  In celebration of this stirring
accomplishment, I am raising Red Barn's score by 2 points.

By an odd coincidence, the acceptance of Proposal 2330 also results in
/dev/joe's Blue Cross Rank rising to 100.  So to further celebrate the
occasion, I am awarding /dev/joe with a Gold Stripe, sewn cleverly out of
the remnants of his prior three Silver Stripes.  May he wear it in good
health!

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Pink Floyd:Ummagumma
Current Book--Joel Rosenberg:Hero
I'm already consumed by the ambers of interest...it's too late.

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V2 #163
***********************************