Subject: acka-research-digest V2 #159
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest    Wednesday, October 8 1997    Volume 02 : Number 159

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 09:05:40 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka : non-institutionalized RFC

A proposal that has the following effects:

I. Repeal R1001 - "Institutions"

II. In R1040 "Party Hall" Replace the string "Institution" with the string
"Entity"

III. In R411 "Senate" replace the string "Institution" with the string
"Entity"

IV. In R1303 "Synod" replace the string "Institution" with the string
"Entity"

V. In R420 "Ackanomic History Guild" replace the string "Institution" with
the string "Entity"

VI. In R1420.1 "Definition of Otzma Cards" section III.2 delete the text
"any Institution,"

 {{[I think this takes of all Institutions. I don't recall any other
   refferences. 
   I intend to submit this as one proposal. And submit a 
   seperate  to re-introduce the concept of Joint Assembly]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 11:29:41 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: acka : non-institutionalized RFC

Niccolo Flychuck wrote:

> A proposal that has the following effects:
> 
> I. Repeal R1001 - "Institutions"
> 
I don't object, in principal, to getting rid of the concept of
Institutions.  However, I think the implementation leaves something to
be desired.  In particular, some current institutions depend on rule
1001 to supply at least defaults for their behavior.  Repealing R1001
and changing the current institutions into entities without providing
for default behavior will break those institutions.

> II. In R1040 "Party Hall" Replace the string "Institution" with the
> string
> "Entity"
> 
This one probably doesn't much matter, as Party Hall doesn't actually
do anything as a group.

> III. In R411 "Senate" replace the string "Institution" with the string
> "Entity"
> 
The Senate, however, depends entirely on the institutions rule to
establish its behavioral parameters.

> IV. In R1303 "Synod" replace the string "Institution" with the string
> "Entity"
> 
Rule 1303 describes how each delegate's vote is weighted, but not the
time period in which votes are to be cast or the timing or method
for reporting the results.

> V. In R420 "Ackanomic History Guild" replace the string "Institution"
> with
> the string "Entity"
> 
Changing the guild to an entity probably doesn't hurt anything; like
Party Hall, the Guild doesn't really do anything as a group.

> VI. In R1420.1 "Definition of Otzma Cards" section III.2 delete the
> text
> "any Institution,"
> 
>  {{[I think this takes of all Institutions. I don't recall any other
>    refferences. 
>    I intend to submit this as one proposal. And submit a 
>    seperate  to re-introduce the concept of Joint Assembly]}}
> 
It is also notable that the above Institutions each specify that certain
players/officers are their members or parts.  These rule changes would
thus augment the current containership principles in Ackanomic.  That
is not necessarilly bad, but then again, it may not be what we want.  I
would prefer that instead of turning the current institutions into plain
entities, they be integrated into the Organization framework.

ThinMan

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V2 #159
***********************************