Subject: acka-research-digest V2 #146
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest    Sunday, September 14 1997    Volume 02 : Number 146

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 08:32:46 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2296 accepted

> > {{All Existing Swingpoints are destroyed. 40 Swingpoints are created
> > and randomly distributed between all the active players.}}

geez, do we really need *four* point-like currencies in this game to track?

also, is there a reason we couldn't have started at zero rather than 40?

finally, do I or the chess-umpire do this?  Alfvaen is the acting chess-umpire
unless he declines the role.  If no one has figured this out, I will check it
later...

Perhaps I should submit a proposal: {{40 processing chips are created and
randomly distributed between all active players :-)}}.  Perhaps the author
or someone who voted yes can enlighten me as to why we need swingpoints
at all, and, assuming we do, why we need to do 40 dice rolls to reset it.

Malenkai
clueless

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 08:20:58 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2296 accepted

> > > {{All Existing Swingpoints are destroyed. 40 Swingpoints are created
> > > and randomly distributed between all the active players.}}

> geez, do we really need *four* point-like currencies in this game to track?

> also, is there a reason we couldn't have started at zero rather than 40?

I'm just not really sure.  :-/

> finally, do I or the chess-umpire do this?  Alfvaen is the acting chess-umpire
> unless he declines the role.  If no one has figured this out, I will check it
> later...

Since Chess-Umpire is an Optional Office, I don't have to perform any of
the Duties.  Also, it seems to me that as a generic Rule involving random
determination, the OiCoRT gets to do it.  (Though I was all ready to do it
myself before I thought to check...)

> Perhaps I should submit a proposal: {{40 processing chips are created and
> randomly distributed between all active players :-)}}.  Perhaps the author
> or someone who voted yes can enlighten me as to why we need swingpoints
> at all, and, assuming we do, why we need to do 40 dice rolls to reset it.

Although I voted PRESENT, I'm willing to bet that everyone figured it was
worth it to get some free points, or Bonus Votes, or something...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Sandbox:Curious
Current Book--Damon Knight:CV
'She's a three-handed woman--right-handed, left-handed, and underhanded.'

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V2 #146
***********************************