Subject: acka-research-digest V2 #128
From: [email-masked] (acka-research-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-research-digest     Saturday, August 9 1997     Volume 02 : Number 128

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 16:55:34 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Quorum RFC

Here's a potential quorum problem solution, along the lines I mentioned
earlier.  It's not a panacea, but it might solve some of the observed
problems.  And be slightly harfier.  :-)

proposal I'll See You After School

Amend Rule 207, "Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Results Are Reported", as
follows:

Replace the existing text of Section IV

{{[
     IV. Effect of Proposals which do not meet Quorum
     If a proposal does not meet quorum, each active player who was not
     on vacation and abstained on the proposal shall lose 5 points and
     become non-voting. The events which Rule 254 generates when a
     player voluntarily changes to non-voting status do not occur in
     this case, but if a player who became non-voting by this rule does
     not become a voting player within a week of having become
     non-voting, then the events in Rule 254 are carried out as if the
     player voluntarily became non-voting. Players who become non-voting
     in this manner do not lose offices they hold because of doing so,
     until they have remained non-voting for one week; this takes
     precedence over rule 401.
]}}

with the following(delimited by CARWASH):

CARWASH

IV. Effect of Proposals which do not meet Quorum

If a proposal does not meet quorum, each active player who was not on
vacation and abstained on the proposal shall lose 5 points and receive
a Puppet Head(a nontradeable entity), if e does not already have one.
A player with a Puppet Head may get rid of it by saying "Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do.  Touch the puppet head." [They Might Be
Giants, "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head", "They Might Be Giants"]
in a public message.  After a player has possessed a Puppet Head for
seven consecutive days, e immediately becomes a non-voting player,
with all the events in Rule 254 occurring as if the player voluntarily
became non-voting.

CARWASH

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Alannah Myles:A-Lan-Nah
Current Book--Mike Resnick:Alternate Kennedys
That which does not kill us only makes us stranger.

------------------------------

End of acka-research-digest V2 #128
*********************************