Subject: Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #127
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Research Digest)
To: acka-research-digest

Ackanomic Research Digest    Friday, August 8 1997    Volume 02 : Number 127

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 22:38:54 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka:  P2257 accepted (Table Lookup Is Easier)

> Proposal 2257
> Table Lookup Is Easier
> Alfvaen

> Votes cast by active players:  13 / 19 = 68.421053%
> Yes:  9    No:  3     Present:  3   ...Proposal accepted.

Okay, question.  Rule 205, section 5, "Scoring on Changes To Rules Which
Cause Score Changes", states:

     If a score change is due to a rule or entity (e.g. Magic Potato),
     and a rule change is adopted that affects how that rule or entity
     causes score changes (including, but not limited to, destroying the
     entity), then no score changes are generated by that rule or entity
     for the adoption of the specific rule change in question. This
     paragraph has precedence over sections 2), 3) and 4) where there is
     a conflict.

If I read this correctly, then I, and the people who voted NO on this
proposal, should get no points, because it is making amendments to the Rule
which would otherwise determine the score changes made.  Is this correct?

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Was(Not Was):Are You Okay?
Current Book--Mike Resnick:Alternate Kennedys
Every night I tell myself I am the cosmos.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #127
****************************************