Subject: Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #110
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Research Digest)
To: acka-research-digest

Ackanomic Research Digest    Sunday, July 13 1997    Volume 02 : Number 110

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 15:59:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2224

> "There exists the concept of Labordollars (L$). These can be
> accumulated and spent by a player at will, as with A$. They are
> non-entities.

Hm. I have to admit that this sentence makes me more than a little
nervous. Currently, everything in Ackanomic is an entity. Not just the
obvious things (Gadgets, Trinkets, Blueprints, etc), but also things
like players, points, rules, rule numbers, and so on. The term is used
by the rules as a general catch-all.

By excepting this "object", saying it exists but is not an entity, is
causing the objects to be exempt from way too many rules - far more
than I believe was the intent. As an obvious example, the Financier
will not be required to track ownership and exchange of Labordollars,
since the Financier is "only" required to track all entities. (Nor
will anybody else, for that matter.)

breadbox

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #110
****************************************