Subject: Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #100
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Research Digest)
To: acka-research-digest

Ackanomic Research Digest    Sunday, June 29 1997    Volume 02 : Number 100

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 03:06:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2179

> Proposal 2179
> Zuriti'ili
> Mohammed

I love the general idea. But couldn't you have brought yourself to put
the BUAG in kill-brackets? I mean, come on.

b

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 09:51:42 -0400
From: Jazz Jackrabbit <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2180

> Proposal 2180
> By Anti-Gum

> If Rule 904, "The Anti-Gumball", does not exist, then create a Rule,
> numbered 904, named "The Anti-Gumball", with the following
> text(delimited by LEAPER):

=From rule 104:

> If the proposal consisted of a list of [...] changes to the rules, then
> those effects shall be applied, one at a time, in the order in which
> they appear in the proposal. (Ambiguous, *conditional* [my emphasis],
> retroactive, and/or meaningless effects are ignored.) 

This won't work.  Since we may never get conditional rule changes,
depsite the fact that they make this stuff easier, you must
either enclose the above in {{braces}}, or do it the non-intuitive
way I suggested the other day to achieve the same effect.  Seeing as these
more complicated syntactical forms are available to do conditional rule
changes, I'll probably never be sure as to why there is opposition to 
allowing the above to work too, but as it stands now, it doesn't :(

Malenkai
pro conditional rule changes

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 13:34:15 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2179

On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Brian Raiter wrote:
> I love the general idea. But couldn't you have brought yourself to put
> the BUAG in kill-brackets? I mean, come on.
	Oops.  They were s'posed to be in notes brackets; that way the
proposal would just create the rule and the BUAG would be ignored.
	I retract that proposal.

#retract proposal 2179

- -- 
Mohammed
The latter, Malenkai.  :o)  Not that ours isn't just as magnificent.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #100
****************************************