Subject: Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #78
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Research Digest)
To: acka-research-digest

Ackanomic Research Digest    Thursday, June 5 1997    Volume 02 : Number 078

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 09:07:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2044

>1. All trinkets which are worth a fractional number of A$ are transformed
>   into their value in A$, which is given to the treasury.  All fractional
>   A$ are returned to the treasury, then recombined into whole A$.  All
>   non-A$ fractional entities are destroyed.

  NOOOO!!!!

>3. Amend rule 506, "Trinkets", as follows:
>   In the second paragraph, change "Trinkets always have a value in
>   positive A$." to "Trinkets always have a positive, integral value
>   in A$; this takes precedence over all other rules."

  AGH!

  Also, if these changes are applied simultaneously, there's momentarily a
paradox.

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 08:31:21 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka:  Proposal 2044

Red Barn wrote:

>   Also, if these changes are applied simultaneously, there's
> momentarily a
> paradox.
> 
Fortunately, they are not.  They are applied sequentially, in the order
listed in the proposal.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 18:38:56 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka:  RFC:  Copyrights (take2)

I know this has been tried before,  without success,  but given the
recent dialog between Vynd and Alfvaen,  as well as that little debacle
with snowgod and the internomic trading protocol stuff when I rejoined
the game,  I thought I would have another go at this.  Here is a
(hopefully) bug free system to share points on some Proposals:

RFC:  Copyrights.

Create a new rule entitled "Copyrights",  with text:

1.  This rule takes precedence over all rules regarding the awarding of
Points to Players based on Proposals.  This rule defers precedence to all
rules restricting the award of Points to Players based on Propsals.

2.  If at any time after a Proposal is made public,  and before its
voting period has expired,  any qualified Player may publicly challenge
the Proposal by claiming the Proposal violates Copyright.  

3.  A Proposal violates Copyright if there was a previously publicly
distributed RFC (Request For Comment)  authored by a different Player
containing the same essential material,  concept,  or wording as the
Proposal in question.  The Player issuing the challenge must offer proof
that trhe RFC was publicly distributed.  The Praetor shall determine if
the RFC and challenged Proposal are substantially similar.  If the
Praetor is on Vacation,  in Gaol,  or otherwise unable or inelible to
ewsolve the challenge,  the Supreme Court shall determine the similarity
between the challenged Proposal and RFC.  Other Rules may prescribe
additional ways to determine similarity between challenged Proposals and
RFC's.

4.   A Player may be qualified to issue the challenge by either being the
Player submitting the Proposal,  the Player whose Copyright was violated
or by being the Player holding the Office of Tabulator,  the Office of
Speaker or the Office of Promoter.

5.  If the challenge is determined to be successful and the proposal
indeed violated Copyright,  the following conditions shall apply and the
following actions shall take place:
a.  If the Player submitting the original RFC used to determine whether
the Proposal violated Copyright (Challenging Player) issues a public
message stating "No,  eir idea was much better than mine",  then no other
action is taken.  If this statement is made prior to the results of the
challenge being made publicly knowable,  then no challenge has actually
occurred,  and no judgement need be made.
b.  If the author of the Proposal being challenged (Proposing Player)
issues a public message prior to the results of the challenge nbeing made
publicly knowable stating :"This wasn't my idea,  the Goose made me do
it",  then upon passage of the Proposal,  the author shall recieve two
(2) Points less than if no challenge had been made.  The Challenging
Player shall recieve two (2) Points upon passage of the Proposal.
c.  If the Proposal being challenged fails after the Proposing Player 
issues the above statement,  no changes to the scoring for rejected
Proposals are made.
d.  If neither the Proposing Player nor the Challenging Player issues one
of the above public messages,  then upon passage of the Proposal the
Proposing Player shall recieve three (3) Points less than if no challenge
had been made;  the Challenging Player shall receive three (3) Points.
e.   If neither the Proposing Player nor the Challenging Player issues
one of the above public messages,  and the Propsal fails,  then upon
failure of the Proposal ;  the Challenging Player shall lose three (3)
Points.  

6. If at any time after the public distribution of the Proposal being
challenged and before its voting period has expired both the Proposing
Player and the Challenging Player issue public statements contained in 5a
and 5b above,  then paragraph 5a above shall take precedence.

7.   If the challenge is determined to be unsuccessful,  the Player
issuing the challenge  shall lose 5 Points

8.  Failure to resolve a Copyright Challenge within seven (7) after the
resolution of the challenged Proposal is a Crime.  

Respectfully submitted,
Voting Gnome

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 20:41:07 -0400
From: Dan Knapp (A.K.A. TheWiz) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:Acka:  RFC:  Copyrights (take2) 

> I know this has been tried before,  without success,  but given the
> recent dialog between Vynd and Alfvaen,  as well as that little debacle
> with snowgod and the internomic trading protocol stuff when I rejoined
> the game,  I thought I would have another go at this.  Here is a
> (hopefully) bug free system to share points on some Proposals:
>
> RFC:  Copyrights.

  Hum, from the title I thought for a moment it was meant to fix up the
name-stealing harf.  Just a thought.

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 18:04:32 -0800
From: "Ross Morgan-Linial" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  P2023 rejected (More Nasty Aliens)

> Proposal 2023
> More Nasty Aliens
> Antimatter was here
> 
> NO votes:
> 	Bascule
> 	Niccolo Flychuck
> 	two-star
> 	breadbox
> 	/dev/joe
> 	ThinMan
> 	Malenkai

Xenophobes, all of you! Crush the xenophobic resistance! MUHAHAHAHAHAhahahahah!

(Mad scientist in another life, or at least another Nomic)
- -------------------------------
Antimatter * [email-masked]
You have the power of negation.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #78
***************************************