Subject: Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #73
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Research Digest)
To: acka-research-digest

Ackanomic Research Digest    Saturday, May 31 1997    Volume 02 : Number 073

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 07:42:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2027

>2) is patched easily enough. see P2028

  In what way does creating official "Ackanomic Time" (a worthy goal in
itself) solve the problem (depending) that ultimately the people playing
this thing are living in real time?

- -Red Barn

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 07:44:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2026

>if you have a return receipt, etc.  It's quite difficult to locate a
>bug in an information vacuum.  Thanks!

  The web page lets me log in but will not process commands.

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:43:17 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: RFC: Contracts

So I'm wondering what else needs to be done to the "Contracts" rule to
clean it up.

Mohammed(I believe)pointed out that there's no mechanism to give
contracts names; this can be easily fixed by saying that this has to be
specified with the contract's text

I think(though ICOCBW)that it was also Mohammed who said it was a bit
against the spirit of the thing for a contract to be destructible at any
time by the signer(s).  Maybe if it can be destroyed by agreement of the
signer(s) IFF it is in the possession of one of them at the time?

And I still think it might be a good idea for a contract whose conditions
have been fulfilled to be destructible without the other rigmarole, if
someone can suggest to me a good way to word that.

Although there exists no current rule to share credit on rules, if I do a
final clean-up proposal I will put in some point-bonuses to those who have
been particularly helpful.  And this isn't just proposal bribery.  Honest.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Jim Croce:Time In A Bottle
Current Book--Lesley Choyce:Trapdoor To Heaven
Remember, the dinosaur did not know it had a very small brain.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #73
***************************************