Subject: Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #49
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Research Digest)
To: acka-research-digest

Ackanomic Research Digest   Tuesday, April 22 1997   Volume 02 : Number 049

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 19:10:29 -0700
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 1946 

> Proposal 1946
> Spring Cleaning I
> Malenkai
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> Repeal Rule 207.2 "Keep 'Em In The Game" {{[9 months - the eggplants
> will still work as intended]}}

As Ackanomic's delinquent Historian, I once again wish to appeal to
everyone to allow this rule to survive. This rule was created by a
proposal that was submitted on the third day of Ackanomic's existence,
and its presence in the ruleset is one of the few remaining rules that
makes scores and the accumulation of Points an ambiguous pursuit.

I also note that while it may have been nine months since the rule has
come into play, Red Barn *attempted* to take advantage of this rule as
recently as the beginning of the previous Cycle. (Remember the thirty
identical proposals?)

On the other hand, I do agree that the conflict with the Victory
Eggplants is worth addressing. Instead of the current solution, I
would support a proposal to, say, change eggplant weights to be
multiples of 16.

euphemismbox

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #49
***************************************