Subject: Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #3
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Research Digest)
To: acka-research-digest

Ackanomic Research Digest    Tuesday, March 4 1997    Volume 02 : Number 003

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 17:04:44 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: P1751 accepted (Bringing Reality into accordance with Perception) 

In a message dated 97-03-03 13:42:34 EST, you write:

> NO votes:
>  	Narf

I just LOVE being the fly in the ointment <grin>

Ok, ok... my voting patterns have been a bit odd as of late... For two
reasons.

Reason 1) I did not fully understand the rules relating to modest proposals.
Reason 2) Some of the rules coming out now I just don't have enough info to
make a good decision.  But instead of voting no, I'll swith my votes to
present from here out....

Incidentaly...  In this case, I'm still not convinced it's such a fantastic
idea....  I suggest that allowing illegal plays to stand after a certain
period of time may create trouble.

narf

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 17:21:54 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: P1751 accepted (Bringing Reality into accordance with Perception)

Narf wrote:

> Incidentaly...  In this case, I'm still not convinced it's such a fantastic
> idea....  I suggest that allowing illegal plays to stand after a certain
> period of time may create trouble.

I would agree in principal, but I'm going to be the one that probably
has to do alot of the work to unwind the game state from a year old 
error if one is discovered.  Its possible that you do not exist in
the Platonic game state :-) (I may not either).

Do you want to try to state the correct game state as if P 1751 was
rejected?  I know I could not.

I would recommend reading the essay alluded to in my other general proposal
on this issue.  Not only does it justify these sort of changes, it
addresses your justified concern of "legalizing" errors.

Malenkai

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Research Digest V2 #3
**************************************