Subject: acka-games Digest V4 #122
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-games digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 00:00:05 -0400 (EDT)

acka-games Digest	Thursday, September 23 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 122

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: FFFM (/dev/joe,rufus,Quoth,Alfvaen,EA!P! -> new round)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:23:59 -0400 (EDT)

---The Preamble---

Results for the final round - all players other than JT and myself
should prepare devious machines of eir own.

---The Results---

Target Zoo: DDF

Turn 10:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player     : StartZoo      : Action        : Result  : EndZoo        :
Score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
/dev/joe   : CDDFM         : Pass          :         : CDDFM         : 6
rufus      : CDDDDDFFFFF   : Bad Person    :         : CDDDDDFFFFF   : 0
Quoth      : CDDDFF        : Pass          :         : CDDDFF        : 4
Alfvaen    : CDDDDDDDFFFFF : CDDDDDD -> B  : CDDDDDD : CDDDDDDDFFFFF : 0 
EA!P!      : CCFFM         : CCM->A        : DDCCM   : CCDDFFM       : 2
TA,FKA JT  : CCCCCCDDFMM   : CCCCCCMM -> B : CM      : CDDFM         : 6

I think I score 6 (perhaps the scoring should be made the difference
between the highest score and the lowest non-zero one - just a thought).

---The Progressive Totals---

JT         :  8 + 6 : 14
K 2        :  8 + 6 : 14
/dev/joe   :  8 + 6 : 14  <- Mad Scientist
Rufus      :  0 + 0 :  0  <- Mad Scientist
Laa Laa    :  4 + 4 :  8  <- Mad Scientist
Alfvaen    :  6 + 0 :  6  <- Mad Scientist
Ai! Pedrito:  6 + 2 :  8  <- Mad Scientist

---The Drivel---

A word on nomenclature:

[^CM]D -> CMM means: Each dog not preceded by either a cat or a mouse is
converted into a cat and two mice.

One rule was never triggered (CF -> D), without which it is prolly
impossible to get the target zoo.

At the end of round 8 I tried find a solution for each player - it turns
out that its easiest to manage things such that the final step is:

F,CFMD                  -> DD,F

And it turns out that most players where only two steps away from CDFFM
- but without knowledge of the CF rule....

Enough of this drivel:

---The Rules---

+--------------------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++----+
: Machine A          : 1 : 2 : 3 : 4 : 5 : 6 : 7 : 8 : 9 : 0 ::  T :
+--------------------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++----+
: [^CM]D      -> CMM : 1 :   : 1 :   :   :   : 1 :   :   :   ::  3 :
: [^M]C[^DFM] -> DDC :   : 1 :   :   : 2 : 6 : 1 : 2 : 1 : 1 :: 14 :
: [^CM]M[^D]  -> CCM : 1 :   :   : 3 :   :   : 1 : 1 : 1 :   ::  7 :
: FF          -> CMC : 1 :   :   :   :   :   : 1 :   : 1 :   ::  3 :
: CF          -> D   :   :   :   :   :   :   :   :   :   :   ::  0 :
: MF          -> FF  :   :   : 1 :   :   :   :   :   :   :   ::  1 :
: MD          -> D   :   :   :   :   :   :   :   : 1 : 1 :   ::  2 :
: CD          -> FF  : 1 :   : 1 : 1 :   : 3 : 1 : 1 :   :   ::  8 :
+--------------------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++----+
:                    : 4 : 1 : 3 : 4 : 2 : 9 : 5 : 5 : 4 : 1 :: 38 :
+--------------------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++----+

+--------------------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++----+
: Machine B          : 1 : 2 : 3 : 4 : 5 : 6 : 7 : 8 : 9 : 0 ::  T :
+--------------------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++----+
: M*          -> M   : 1 : 1 :   : 1 :   : 1 :   : 1 : 1 : 1 ::  7 :
: C*          -> C   :   : 1 :   :   : 2 : 1 :   :   : 1 : 1 ::  6 :
+--------------------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++----+
:                    : 1 : 2 :   : 1 : 2 : 2 :   : 1 : 2 : 2 :: 13 :
+--------------------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++----+

---The Sig---

K 2

------------------------------

From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary Continues
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:22:18 -0400 (EDT)

"novercal:"

1. Of or pertaining to a stepmother; suitable to, or in the manner of, a
stepmother.
2. A spiny, woody, poisonous shrub.
3. Pertaining to, or based on the number nine.
4. A species of cactus found in the south-central regions of Spain.
5. A tiny part of the brain used to process boring stuff.
6. ""

One Bluffer -> correct.

n-6 = 3 Bluffers -> rufus.

Go ahead.  Vote.  Make my day.

-Hubert

"Nothing is indelible," said Tom irascibly. 

------------------------------

From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary Continues
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:40:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Eric Plumb wrote:

Bluffers, please do NOT respond to the previous Fictionary post!   

I'm really sorry; I forgot a definition: whether it was the correct one or
a submitted one I won't yet say.  My interpretation of the Rules would
lean toward me losing the Brainiacship and four points, but if the rest of
you think the round should continue with the new list, that'll work too.

Again, I apologize for the oversight.  It's what I get for attempted
minimalism.

(My calculation of the rufusian Bluffers below was based on the number of
definitions I'd written into that post and doesn't necessarily reflect
whether or not the omitted definition was a player's.)

> 
> "novercal:"
> 
> 1. Of or pertaining to a stepmother; suitable to, or in the manner of, a
> stepmother.
> 2. A spiny, woody, poisonous shrub.
> 3. Pertaining to, or based on the number nine.
> 4. A species of cactus found in the south-central regions of Spain.
> 5. A tiny part of the brain used to process boring stuff.
> 6. ""
> 
> One Bluffer -> correct.
> 
> n-6 = 3 Bluffers -> rufus.
> 
> Go ahead.  Vote.  Make my day.
> 
> -Hubert
> 
> "Nothing is indelible," said Tom irascibly. 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

-Hubert

"Nothing is indelible," said Tom irascibly. 

------------------------------

From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: More WUA
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:52:01 -0400 (EDT)

Linking "vinegar" to "stone" didn't prove difficult for either Joe: they
both used "oil."  Studge wisely submitted "".

On the matter of K 2's departure, I decided that it would be allowed,
mostly since it would screw up the game if it weren't.  However, as e left
in the middle of Red Mao Gang's round (I think) I'll give RMG the full
(5-1=4) points for that round, making scores:

Joe's Evil Twin: 7
Joe's Evil Twin: 11
Red Mao Gang's Evil Twin: 7
Studge: 3

It is Studge's turn to link from "vinegar."  I cringe.

-Clamshell Lawyer
bad Brainiac, bad Ref

------------------------------

From: "Bryan Federico" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary Continues
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:18:37 -0400 (EDT)

1 vote for #1

R-attila

------------------------------

From: "Aaron V. Humphrey" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary Continues
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:42:27 -0400 (EDT)

> Bluffers, please do NOT respond to the previous Fictionary post!

> I'm really sorry; I forgot a definition: whether it was the correct one or
> a submitted one I won't yet say.  My interpretation of the Rules would
> lean toward me losing the Brainiacship and four points, but if the rest of
> you think the round should continue with the new list, that'll work too.

> Again, I apologize for the oversight.  It's what I get for attempted
> minimalism.

> (My calculation of the rufusian Bluffers below was based on the number of
> definitions I'd written into that post and doesn't necessarily reflect
> whether or not the omitted definition was a player's.)

Well, I can certainly see forgetting the real definition from the list
(having diligently put the Bluffers' definitions in when they were
received), and I can equally well see forgetting to put some Bluffer's
submitted definition in as well.  So I'd say, feel free to amend the list.

--
--Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/)
Song In My Head--Big Audio Dynamite:The Bottom Line
Current Book--W. Somerset Maugham:Cakes And Ale
The world wide web is a house on fire.  --AjD

------------------------------

From: "Bryan Federico" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary Continues
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:54:41 -0400 (EDT)

yeah me too
----- Original Message -----

>
> > Bluffers, please do NOT respond to the previous Fictionary post!
>
> > I'm really sorry; I forgot a definition: whether it was the correct one
or
> > a submitted one I won't yet say.  My interpretation of the Rules would
> > lean toward me losing the Brainiacship and four points, but if the rest
of
> > you think the round should continue with the new list, that'll work too.
>
> > Again, I apologize for the oversight.  It's what I get for attempted
> > minimalism.
>
> > (My calculation of the rufusian Bluffers below was based on the number
of
> > definitions I'd written into that post and doesn't necessarily reflect
> > whether or not the omitted definition was a player's.)
>
> Well, I can certainly see forgetting the real definition from the list
> (having diligently put the Bluffers' definitions in when they were
> received), and I can equally well see forgetting to put some Bluffer's
> submitted definition in as well.  So I'd say, feel free to amend the list.
>
>
> --
> --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/)
> Song In My Head--Big Audio Dynamite:The Bottom Line
> Current Book--W. Somerset Maugham:Cakes And Ale
> The world wide web is a house on fire.  --AjD
>
>
>
>

------------------------------

End of acka-games Digest V4 #122
********************************