Subject: acka-games Digest V4 #100
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-games digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:00:06 -0400 (EDT)

acka-games Digest	Sunday, August 22 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 100

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (Bluffers)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 01:36:43 -0400 (EDT)

> Time to vote on the definitions for chiasmus.
> Nobody submitted a definition similar to the actual definition or
> similar to any other submitted definition, though one player failed
> to submit a definition.

> 1. A state of despair or hopelessness.
> 2. inversion in the second of two parallel phrases 
> 3. ""
> 4. A plant of the lily family, particularly one with an edible bulb.
> 5. according to Galen's theory, the energy within organisms that makes them
>    alive and is lost with death. 
> 6. A place where sensory nerves carrying information from different sides of
>    the body cross over each other on their way to opposite sides of the brain.

Finally getting tired of waiting for the one who knows the correct answer
to vote, I vote for #6.

> 7. The philosophical concept of nothingness.

--
--Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Sarah McLachlan:Angels
Current Book--Nalo Hopkinson:Brown Girl In The Ring
Greenness disintegrates.

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (Bluffers)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:09:05 -0400 (EDT)

At 01:36 AM 8/22/99 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> Time to vote on the definitions for chiasmus.
>> Nobody submitted a definition similar to the actual definition or
>> similar to any other submitted definition, though one player failed
>> to submit a definition.
>
>> 1. A state of despair or hopelessness.
>> 2. inversion in the second of two parallel phrases 
>> 3. ""
>> 4. A plant of the lily family, particularly one with an edible bulb.
>> 5. according to Galen's theory, the energy within organisms that makes them
>>    alive and is lost with death. 
>> 6. A place where sensory nerves carrying information from different
sides of
>>    the body cross over each other on their way to opposite sides of the
brain.
>
>Finally getting tired of waiting for the one who knows the correct answer
>to vote, I vote for #6.
>

I vote for #6 as well.

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito! B(Scam)
DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Herald * Rule-Harfer
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Student (Scamology)

------------------------------

From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (Bluffers)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:21:24 -0400 (EDT)

At 03:09 AM 8/22/99 -0400, EA!P! wrote:
>At 01:36 AM 8/22/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>> Time to vote on the definitions for chiasmus.
>>> Nobody submitted a definition similar to the actual definition or
>>> similar to any other submitted definition, though one player failed
>>> to submit a definition.
>>
>>> 1. A state of despair or hopelessness.
>>> 2. inversion in the second of two parallel phrases 
>>> 3. ""
>>> 4. A plant of the lily family, particularly one with an edible bulb.
>>> 5. according to Galen's theory, the energy within organisms that makes
them
>>>    alive and is lost with death. 
>>> 6. A place where sensory nerves carrying information from different
>sides of
>>>    the body cross over each other on their way to opposite sides of the
>brain.
>>
>>Finally getting tired of waiting for the one who knows the correct answer
>>to vote, I vote for #6.
>>
>
>I vote for #6 as well.

Ditto.

Studge

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Fictionary (A German Dog)
From: Joseph DeVincentis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 16:37:57 -0400 (EDT)

Another round of Fictionary has ended.
Votes were due by Sat, 21 Aug 1999 23:37:28 -0400 (EDT).
Here are the results:

1. Submitted by Emperor Ai! Pedrito!: A state of despair or hopelessness.
A German Dog voted for.

2. Real definition: inversion in the second of two parallel phrases 
K2 voted for, and scores 2 points for doing so, but loses 1 for not
sending in a definition.

3. Submitted by K2 (default action): ""
No votes.

4. Submitted by A German Dog: A plant of the lily family, particularly one
with an edible bulb.
No votes.

5. Submitted by Studge: according to Galen's theory, the energy within
organisms that makes them alive and is lost with death. 
Vynd voted for.

6. Submitted by Vynd: A place where sensory nerves carrying information
from different sides of the body cross over each other on their way to
opposite sides of the brain.
Alfvaen, Emperor Ai! Pedrito!, and Studge voted for, but ALL too late,
so they actually all sheeped by default.  Each of these players loses a
point for not voting in time, though EAP and Studge each gain a point
because a player voted for their definition, counteracting this loss.

7. Submitted by Alfvaen: The philosophical concept of nothingness.
No votes.

Scores:

RD      Brainiac        Vynd    Alfvaen K 2     /d/j    JT      Stdg    EAP
1       Vynd            0       0       3       0       2       2       1
2       Alfvaen         0       0       3       0       3       0       0
3       K 2             0       3       0       3       3       0       3
4       /dev/joe        1       4       2       0       2       -1      2
5       Dragon Mage     0       4       2       1       0       -1      2
6       Studge          2       1       -1      0       0       2       2
7       EA!P!           4       0       2       2       4       -1      0
8       Vynd            0       2       1       -1      4       1       0
9       Alfvaen         2       0       1       2       4       0       2
10      K 2             0       3       0       0       3       -1      1
11      /dev/joe        0       -1      1       0       0       0       0
        TOTAL           9       16      14      7       25      2       13

Take it away, A German Dog!

/dev/joe

------------------------------

From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (A German Dog)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 16:56:24 -0400 (EDT)

Curses!

Vynd

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (A German Dog)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 17:23:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Joseph DeVincentis wrote:
> Take it away, A German Dog!

The new ing word is 'guyot'.

Bluffers, submit your definitions privately.

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (A German Dog)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 18:55:36 -0400 (EDT)

>
>6. Submitted by Vynd: A place where sensory nerves carrying information
>from different sides of the body cross over each other on their way to
>opposite sides of the brain.
>Alfvaen, Emperor Ai! Pedrito!, and Studge voted for, but ALL too late,
>so they actually all sheeped by default.  Each of these players loses a
>point for not voting in time, though EAP and Studge each gain a point
>because a player voted for their definition, counteracting this loss.
>

I must have been thinking of chiasma (sheepish grin)

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito! B(Scam)
DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Herald * Rule-Harfer
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Student (Scamology)

------------------------------

From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (A German Dog)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 23:19:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:

> >
> >6. Submitted by Vynd: A place where sensory nerves carrying information
> >from different sides of the body cross over each other on their way to
> >opposite sides of the brain.
> >Alfvaen, Emperor Ai! Pedrito!, and Studge voted for, but ALL too late,
> >so they actually all sheeped by default.  Each of these players loses a
> >point for not voting in time, though EAP and Studge each gain a point
> >because a player voted for their definition, counteracting this loss.
> >
> 
> I must have been thinking of chiasma (sheepish grin)
> 

This was a made up definition designed to appeal to anyone who knows what
the optic chiasm is. Seeing as how I actually do know what the optic
chiasm is, if I'd really given the choices some thought I should have
realized what the correction answer to last round was. Ah well, I'd be
regretful, but this too would require thought...

Vynd

------------------------------

End of acka-games Digest V4 #100
********************************