Subject: acka-games Digest V4 #93
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-games digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 00:00:07 -0400 (EDT)

acka-games Digest	Saturday, August 14 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 093

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Word Un-Association
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:32:43 -0400 (EDT)

After several unfruitful days of waiting for a link word from K 2:

Confused were required to link "fickle" to "algebra."  /dev/joe and Studge
both did so with "variable" for one point each, and Un Deutscher Hund 
(current name approximated) used "constant," which I accepted because
I was wondering when people would get around to using antonyms (which are,
after all, "strongly related"), for two.

Current scores (now in order of the Web page) are:
The Device: 5
The Dog: 5
The Mountain: 3* 
The Emperor: 5
The Punching Bag: 3

*(I thought ppl lost 1 for not linking but the past scores don't seem to
work that way & I don't care to download all of the 12 rules to check the 
G&C stuff.)

Punching Bag links from "algebra."

-Hubert

If we can't shoot them, why is it called tourist season? 

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Illuminatus Calling for Bidding
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:39:55 -0400 (EDT)

Bids are between -200 and 100 inclusive.

The following players submitted the following conditions.
Submitters, please submit your bids within one week.
The default bid is 100 if no bid is submitted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
else...if
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1.  The owner of this eggplant is a member of more than one Sphere.
 2.  No CFCJ may be made against the owner of this hat.
 3.  For every player there is a rule defined equal and opposite player.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
/dev/joe
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 4.  The owner of this hat is a member of the National Puzzlers' League,
     and has been credited either with a "flat complete" (correct
     solutions for all the flats in an issue) or as the author or
     co-author of a published flat in the Enigma.
 5.  None of the following things are defined in the rules: party chess,
     players' homes, elements, earthquakes, suction cups, the little
     lamb, the harfy phrase, and silly words.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
King Felix
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 6.  The owner of this hat has submitted a proposal in Agora nomic which
     has been accepted and made further play of that nomic impossible.
 7.  It is publicly knowable that the owner of this hat has been slain by
     an elf in a game of Ackan Role Playing and "Slain By Elf" by Uresei
     Yatsura was the last song played on the ASS by the owner of this
     eggplant.
 8.  Currently, all voting players of Ackanomic are Canadian.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 9.  The wearer of this hat has never had an Ackanomic name with an 'e'
     or an 'a' in it (The letter, not the lowercase letter), and has been
     wearing this hat for at least two weeks.
10.  The owner of this hat has worn it since before the end of the last
     cycle, and every public message they have sent since then has
     included a unique limerick.
11.  The wearer of this hat has negative points, negative mannna, is in
     debt, has the minimum rule-defined proposal characteristic and
     voting characteristic, has no treasures buried, and has owned a
     black goose card at some point.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfvaen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
12.  The wearer of this hat owns at least one entity which is defined
     in the Rules as being harf-coloured.
13.  The wearer of this hat has a Purple Heart, gained in war against
     another Nomic.
14.  The wearer of this hat has worn it while in Gaol for a reason other
     than having committed a Crime.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
K 2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
15.  The owner of this hat or its eggplant is the Finacier.
16.  The owner of this hat or this eggplant has found more treasures than
     any other active player else since this hat was created, not
     including treasures for which a Hostile Takeover is either pending
     or has resulted in the map writer being penalised.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rachel L. Walmsley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
17.  More than 10 ASS songs are rule-defined.
18.  More than 7 Ackanomic players are named after internal organs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary (lusk) - defined
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 18:57:56 -0400 (EDT)

The Word was: lusk

1. ""
2. tired; exhausted.
3. The light reflected off a curved surface.
4. The material which grows on new antlers and is shed in later stages
of their development.
5. An imitation pearl used in costume jewelry.
6. To be idle or unemployed.
7. A hunted person.

* Vynd: 9
* Alfvaen: 14
* K2: 14
* /dev/joe: 7
* Dragon Mage: 17
x Studge: 2 -1
* Emperor Ai! Pedrito!: 12

/dev/joe, EA!P!, Vynd, Alfvaen, A German Dog submitted definitions.
Studge failed to submit a definition.

K 2

------------------------------

From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (lusk) - defined
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 19:42:03 -0400 (EDT)

K 2 wrote:
>The Word was: lusk
>
>1. ""
>2. tired; exhausted.
>3. The light reflected off a curved surface.
>4. The material which grows on new antlers and is shed in later stages
>of their development.

I vote for this one.

>5. An imitation pearl used in costume jewelry.
>6. To be idle or unemployed.
>7. A hunted person.

Studge

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (lusk) - defined
From: Joseph DeVincentis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 19:56:25 -0400 (EDT)

> 4. The material which grows on new antlers and is shed in later stages
> of their development.

I'm voting for 4.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (lusk) - defined
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 20:01:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, K 2 wrote:
> The Word was: lusk
> 1. ""
> 2. tired; exhausted.
> 3. The light reflected off a curved surface.
> 4. The material which grows on new antlers and is shed in later stages
> of their development.
> 5. An imitation pearl used in costume jewelry.
> 6. To be idle or unemployed.

Just to be different, I'm going to vote for this one (#6 that is)

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of acka-games Digest V4 #93
*******************************