Subject: acka-games Digest V4 #48
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-games digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 00:00 EDT

acka-games Digest	Monday, June 21 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 048

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Gabe (Ai! Pedrito!) Drummond-Cole" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: GAD Round 9 results
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:38:59 -0400 (EDT)

This round saw cooperation, as no two grabbers went for the same donkey.
Praise Banna, standing-around-r-attila the farce's donkey was snatched by
King Felix.  For this good deed, the gods did smile down upon em, and spare
em from the wrath of the irate donkeygrabbers.

Vynd grabbed Blest Lax Monk Pal grabbed Pure Haste grabbed IdiotBoy who
covered.  Tough luck, Haste.

Robin Hood and K 2 covered suspiciously, but no one was paying em any
attention.  Calvin N Hobbes stood around

GAL:

Blest Lax Monk Pal: 3
Calvin N Hobbes: 3
IdiotBoy: 1
K 2: 5
King Felix: 2
Robin Hood: 3
Vynd: 2

Reply to this message with your next move.

-- Ai! Pedrito!
DeeJay * Wrangler

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: YORL
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:27:18 -0400 (EDT)

Joseph DeVincentis wrote:

> /dev/joe plays: Mannna

  Accepted and um... loose end :-).

I smack everyone for not interrupting

K 2

------------------------------

From: "Gabe (Ai! Pedrito!) Drummond-Cole" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: GAD Round 9 results (ATTN Dragon Mage)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:24:17 -0400 (EDT)

Former Wrangler Laa Laa just pointed out that I have been using outdated
rules in my GAD-Wrangling.  I have been neglecting to add a third donkey to
herds of only two.  This means that the GAL really looks like this:

Blest Lax Monk Pal: 3
Calvin N Hobbes: 3
IdiotBoy: 1
Dragon Mage: 1
K 2: 5
King Felix: 3
Robin Hood: 3
Vynd: 3

If any player who has already submitted a move wishes to change eirs, I am
more than willing to accept such updates, give the different game state.  I
apologize for this inexcusable error.

-- Ai! Pedrito!
DeeJay * Wrangler

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: YORL
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:38:37 -0400 (EDT)

>Joseph DeVincentis wrote:
>
>> /dev/joe plays: Mannna
>
>  Accepted and um... loose end :-).
>
>I smack everyone for not interrupting
>
>K 2
>

I don't have anything to interrupt with!!! Hang on, I've just thought of
something...

King Felix

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: YORL
From: Joseph DeVincentis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:40:00 -0400 (EDT)

The crew spent two hours searching the general vicinity of their arrival
before they found the Mannna tree.  It was an isolated tree, 50 feet from
any other tree or large shrub, and with its first branches 10 feet above
the ground.  It was very tall; none of them could see the top.  Every
branch of the tree seemed to bear a different type of fruit.

"So what are we looking for, now that we are here?" Cain asked.

"Somewhere in this tree, there is supposed to be a single peach, and
we're supposed to pick it."

"Well, give me a boost.  Once I reach the first branches, it should be
easy climbing the rest of the way."

Forrest did so, and the doctor then helped Forrest into the tree.
The doctor remained on the ground, mainly because he didn't have any
way of getting up into the tree, but he also served to guard their
possessions on the ground, not that they had much stuff, or had any
worry of anybody else coming around, although Pike could awaken and
cause trouble.

Forrest and Cain climbed the tree for what seemed like hours, going
up opposite sides of the tree in order to get a good view of all sides
of the tree.  Finally, Cain spotted their target.  "It's not even a
real peach!"  Forrest turned and saw what Cain was referring to.
In a hollowed-out tunnel straight through the trunk of the tree, there
was a golden sculpture in the form of a peach.  The men descended the
tree.

As they reached the bottom, Forrest collected some assorted fruit and
tossed them down to the doctor, before the doctor helped them out
of the tree.  Forrest advised the others, "The legend of the Mannna
tree is that all are free to pick all the fruit they want, but only
to be eaten in the immediate vicinity of the tree.  We have a long hike
to the next location, and who knows what other edibles we'll encounter
along the way, so I suggest everybody eat up."  They did.

/dev/joe plays: peach

------------------------------

End of acka-games Digest V4 #48
*******************************