Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #280
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest      Monday, November 23 1998      Volume 03 : Number 280

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 03:14:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (callithump)

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> I apologize for the delay, and hope that it was not terminal.  The ing
> word for this round will hopefully be "callithump".  You may reply to
> this message to send me your definitions, if you are a Bluffer in this
> game, of course.

Unfortunately, this was submitted about 20 hours too late.
Anyone remember the definition of "ing"?

- -- 
Duncan C. Richer aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother | Queens' College
http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/    Ackanomic     | U. of Cambridge
Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator  | 2nd Year PhD(PMa)

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Fictionary
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:16:35 -0500 (EST)

Thank you, Slakko, for pointing out what we all realized to be true and
not letting pragmatism just take its course if we all just let it quietly
go by.

Frankly, I'm tired of this game of Fictionary, where no deadline seems
able to be kept.  I'm willing to abandon it if everyone else is, and either
start another one or fix the deadlines to make them either longer or more
flexible.  Because this really and truly is ridiculous.

--
--Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/)
Song In My Head--Weird Al Yankovic:Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies
Current Book--Poul Anderson:The High Crusade
Is that a helpful waffle, or what?

------------------------------

From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:21:16 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

>
> Thank you, Slakko, for pointing out what we all realized to be true and
> not letting pragmatism just take its course if we all just let it quietly
> go by.

I missed the deadline for my turn by about 2 hours.  I pointed it out
immediately.  I think the problem with this game of Fictionary is just
that too many other things have been going on in Acka for us to
concentrate on playing it.

Which is to an extent a good thing.

I'd be happy to see this Fictionary declared moribund.

--
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:44:34 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
>Thank you, Slakko, for pointing out what we all realized to be true and
>not letting pragmatism just take its course if we all just let it quietly
>go by.
>
>Frankly, I'm tired of this game of Fictionary, where no deadline seems
>able to be kept.  I'm willing to abandon it if everyone else is, and either
>start another one or fix the deadlines to make them either longer or more
>flexible.  Because this really and truly is ridiculous.

I am willing to go either way.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 12:53:26 -0500 (EST)

At 09:21 AM 11/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
>
>>
>> Thank you, Slakko, for pointing out what we all realized to be true and
>> not letting pragmatism just take its course if we all just let it quietly
>> go by.
>
>I missed the deadline for my turn by about 2 hours.  I pointed it out
>immediately.  I think the problem with this game of Fictionary is just
>that too many other things have been going on in Acka for us to
>concentrate on playing it.
>
>Which is to an extent a good thing.
>
>I'd be happy to see this Fictionary declared moribund.
>

As would I

--Pol Pot

Possible Butthead -- Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon
Master  --  Really Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Religious Caste -- Trying hard
not to be annoying

------------------------------

From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:05:36 -0500 (EST)

> >I'd be happy to see this Fictionary declared moribund.
> >
>
> As would I

Ditto. In fact I'd leave it right now were it not fir the fact that I'd have to
change the address in the "to" field since thgis isn't a public forum.

Gromit.

--
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Defictionary
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:21:17 -0500 (EST)

It seems that games without Referees cannot be declared moribund.  Perhaps
one of our elected officials could declare it an Exhibition, and then we
can all leave, or something?  (What happens to a game which has fewer than
the minimum number of participants?  I don't see that actually mentioned
anywhere...)

--
--Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Iron Maiden:Powerslave
Current Book--Poul Anderson:The High Crusade
WARNING: This product not intended for use by stupid people.

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #280
********************************