Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #267
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest      Tuesday, November 10 1998      Volume 03 : Number 267

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:22:08 -0500 (EST)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: YORL (Alfvaen)

Alfvaen's play of murder is accepted and burned. It is still
Alfvaen's turn.

Loose Ends - pink, Great Pyramids of Giza

Cards in deck - 22

Alfvaen - 4 cards
A Mean Hat - 6 cards
K 2 - 7 cards
risE - 6 cards
JT - 8 cards
saaremaa - 7 cards
Slakko - 7 cards
/dev/joe - 7 cards

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:02:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Duel: YORL (formation)

"Yllffiph turned down the Vivaldi in the midst of Winter.. while the
sounds were soothing and enjoyable to the ear, they detracted from the
mission on which he had come.  The Harfonian Overseers had provided him
with the ultimate in personal luxury, not so much to satisfy his aesthetic
sense as to distract attention from his mission.

"It was quite common in this sector to see all manner of pleasure
cruisers.  Many of the richest Patchian families in the Galazee spent
what they quaintly called "the Summer" floating about this region in the
Leering IIIs.  So it was only natural for the Harfonians to outfit their
most productive spy in similar summer attire.

"For that was Yllffiph's call in life, spying for the Harfonians.  It
offended his finely tuned ears to hear himself described as such, but once
again no one seemed to appreciate his aestetic sense.

"Having now switched off the 'hi-fi' system, his hand moved naturally to
the right to turn on his Monolithic Scanner.  His job was to examine the
new Legalistic Mountain which the Agorans were building on this rock.

"The Agorans had no use for pleasure or beauty (which was what assauged
Yllffiph's conscience about his vocation.)  What the Agoran's DID
understand was wealth and power.  And they hoped that their new Legalistic
Mountain Resort would provide them vast quantities of each.

"The Legalistic Mountain was a giant pile of rock which the brutes were
building by mining all of the resources of this asteroid, and piling the
less valuable bits into a formation that the Agorans with their cloudy
vision thought the sillier galazic neighbors would find intriguing or even
beautiful.  The Wizard in charge of the project was fond of describing all
of the characteristics of the formation down to the smallest niggling
little detail.  He fancied himself quite the engineer."

I play: formation.

 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 18:46:32 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Moribundity

Sorry about the relative lateness of this mediocrity round but I've been ...
drinking, yes that'll do.

Gromit 4*
/dev/joe 9
a. meAn-haT 10
Slakko 7
smallpox blanket 8#
Wild Card 8
r-attila the farce 9

(*) indicates a number I had to generate randomly
(#) indicates a number I suspect of being generated randomly

As far as my maths starved brain can perceive 7 is the most mediocre number
so Slakko the evil maths troll gets a game point.

Exciting round-by-round coverage:
Slakko: 1
Other people: 0

eirs

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 18:49:39 -0500 (EST)
From: "Head Apollo" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Mediocrity

Whoops... uh... reply to this message with yer next number.

eirs

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:51:28 -0500 (EST)
From: Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary (treen)

The definitions are:

1)Covered with trees; forested

2)Small woodenware -- called also treenware

3)Pertaining to trees

4)A member of the finch family of birds, native to Madagascar

5)Wooden

6)A ring, attached to the gunwale of a ship of the Vikings, for holding
oars rowed by crew; archaic

7)A high, warbling squawk. Especially of a bird

8)A small multicellular sea creature

9)A gap in vegetation on the side of a hill or mountain, caused by a
landslide or avalanche

Two of the submitted definitions were substantially similar to each
other.

Reply to vote

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:29:53 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (treen)

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Alexandre Muniz wrote:
>5)Wooden

I vote for this definition.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:37:25 -0500 (EST)
From: Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (treen)

John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
> 
> On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:
> 
> > >6)A ring, attached to the gunwale of a ship of the Vikings, for holding
> > >oars rowed by crew; archaic
> >
> > I vote for this one because it's incredibly similar to the definition i
> > wrote and forgot to submit this round
> >
> 
> *If* this is true, I have to ask where the default " " definition is on
> two-star's list...

Um. I wasn't really counting the submissions. Um. Is it too late to add
it?

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:47:37 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (treen)

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Alexandre Muniz wrote:

> John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
> > 
> > On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:
> > 
> > > >6)A ring, attached to the gunwale of a ship of the Vikings, for holding
> > > >oars rowed by crew; archaic
> > >
> > > I vote for this one because it's incredibly similar to the definition i
> > > wrote and forgot to submit this round
> > >
> > 
> > *If* this is true, I have to ask where the default " " definition is on
> > two-star's list...
> 
> Um. I wasn't really counting the submissions. Um. Is it too late to add
> it?
> 
> **two-star
> 

I dunno if its too late or not. But you definitely need to include the
default definition if there are players who didn't submit anything.
Stupid, but true.

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #267
********************************