Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #255
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest     Wednesday, October 28 1998     Volume 03 : Number 255

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:07:39 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: YORL (The non-Duel version)

Brown eyes stared at Wyoming through the slit in the door.  "The password?"

"The password is 'the password is'," Wyoming quined.

"Tres bien, Monsieur Johnson."  The door slid open to reveal an elderly
Frenchman dressed impeccably.  "You may call me Passenulpart.  May I
take your chapeau?"

"This thing doesn't leave my head," Wyoming growled as he pushed through
the door.  Marie, who followed close behind him, blushed pink again.
"Now, what's the plan to get me into Giza?"

"Well, monsieur, it is very well known, peut-etre too well known, that you
are an archaeologist.  So les allemands will be expecting you to arrive
under that guise.

"However, we have recently discovered that a shipping firm from Florence
is being contracted to ship a large cargo of Egyptian relics.  It will be
leaving tomorrow, so you should travel avec grand vitesse...  Train
tickets for yourself and mademoiselle will be available under the name
Dartagnan."

"Wonderful.  Now how do we get there from here?  And without being
spotted by the Krauts?"

Passenulpart opened a door to reveal stairs leading down.  "The bookshelf
in the middle of the back wall.  It opens by moving the copy of _Moby
Dick_.  Bonne chance, mes amis."

Alfvaen plays: quine

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Tori Amos:Boys For Pele
Current Book--Juanita Coulson:Legacy of Earth
"_Must_ you heterosexuals flaunt your lifestyle?"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:21:12 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

A Mean Hat's play of 'Westcliff' is accepted and burned.

It is still A Mean Hat's turn to play.

Deck: 52 cards

Table: 'leather hauberk'

Burned cards: 10

Benches
- ---------------------------------------
  1: saaremaa    [5 cards]   [0 ales]
* 2: A Mean Hat  [3 cards]   [0 ales]

[* denotes whose turn it is to play]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 02:46:53 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Eleusis G2R1 (Robin Hood)

In a message dated 28/10/98 04:29:58 GMT, you write:

> 
>  
>  Fortunato played the Four of Spades.  This is a correct play.  It is
>  now Robin Hood's turn.
>  
>  
I play the King of Spades

Robin Hood

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 05:16:29 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

It was many days later that the small party of three finally reined in
before the ruins of Mun-Tanawaka, capital city of the Kingdom of Llaquamer.
 They had been riding at night to avoid the skirmishing armies and the
rains of magical fire, and the horses were near death with the last nights
travel.  Klathyn looked down into the city, and his face was blank.  "Where
are the towers?" he asked simply, and then cupped his face in his hands and
began to sob softly.  
Miktara slumped in his saddle.  "We are too late!" he cried.  "Too late!"

Myrra looked from one to the other, then dismounted clumsily, still sore
from the endless hours on horseback.  "Come on, you two," she said, her
voice wavering.  "I know this is your home,"

"No longer, no longer," moaned Klathyn.  The big man was visible shaking
now.  He let himself down out of his saddle wearily, and Miktara followed
suit.  The three began to pick their way into the smoking city.

When they finally found a living soul, three hours later, they were a sorry
sight.  Klathyn was beet-red with anger still, and Miktara was very pale.
Myrra, trained more for adventuring and less for battle, had been retching
at the smell of the carrion.  They found the old man pinned under a beam,
his lifesblood seeping away.

"Chaon!" shouted the two men at once.  Forgetting their usual antipathy
toward eachother, they quickly lifted the heavy weight off the dying man.

Chaon beckoned them closer.  "They're dead, all of them... All of the royal
line have perished.  You two are our only hope.  You two..."  The old man
trailed off, eyes focused, elsewhere, and then, with a little cough, expired.
The two men exchanged a long, intense look.  All at once, there was the
sound of a trumpet, barely two streets away.  "RUN!" roared Klathyn,
whirling and drawing his sword as a patrol of horsemen bore down on the
little group.  "RUN!"  His huge claymore slashed, and the first horsemen
went down.  In an instant Miktara was at his side, his flickering blade
slashing at horse and rider as the cavalry continued to advance.  Myrra was
grabbed from behind by rough, strong, arms, and she shrieked her defiance
until it was beaten out of her with a swift blow to the belly with the butt
of a spear.  The small troop of horse had just been the outrunners of what
seemed to be the largest group of troops they had yet come upon.  She spat
blood and fell silent with a little moan.  Klathyn and Miktara, still
fighting viciously, were going down before the sheer weight of numbers.
"Take them alive," came a high, dry, voice.  Myrra looked up weakly, hatred
burning from her eyes to the bejeweled man riding on elephantback behind
the rest of the troop.  "Gould," she said, and the vileness in the word
made it choke in her throat.  Then a boot exploded into her head, and she
slumped, unconcious

I play "city"... 
- --A Mean Hat.
Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master -- Art Thief -- Warrior Caste -- Crazy
French Scotsman -- Really Weird

- -- "I see a red door and I want to paint it black" [Paint it Black, the
Rolling Stones]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:52:52 -0500 (EST)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: GAD! (Round 1)

Now that my proposal has passed (one of three, I think :), I feel fully
justified in starting a long-overdue game of Grab-A-Donkey.

Thus, I start a game of Grab-A-Donkey.  I am Belt-Holder and Wrangler
for this game.  Here is the GAL for the first round, which I shall call
Round 1.  A lot of players this time, so expect either fast and furious
action or a 2 month total deadlock!

Two things to remember:  First, this is the only round that you can
resign in.  If you want to not play (for some insane reason), reply and
resign.  Also, the new ability to distract has been added, mostly to
break up the middle-game doldrums, and to allow collusion between
players.  Reply to this message with your play.

Current GAL:

404 Not Found
Alfvaen
A Mean Hat.
Aunt Froot
Calvin N Hobbes
/dev/joe
eirs
IdiotBoy
JT
K 2
Leather Artifact
Rambo R Minuteman
Rex Mundi
Robert Sevin
Robin Hood
saaremaa
Slakko
Studge
The Green Ripper
ThinMan
two-star
Vynd
Wild Card

Current score:
Everyone: 1

Fortunato

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:12:21 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: ghost (Vynd's turn)

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, K 2 wrote:

civenin
 
JT
Slakko
/dev/joe
Rambo R Minuteman
K 2
Vynd

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:22:01 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: ghost (Vynd's turn)

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
>
>On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, K 2 wrote:
>
>civenin
> 
>JT
>Slakko
>/dev/joe
>Rambo R Minuteman
>K 2
>Vynd
>

Challenge.  'civenin' is not in a word.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 23:53:55 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Bacon Duel (A Mean Hat vs Vynd)

A Mean Hat.'s Bacon Chain:
Silent Movie: Dom DeLuise, Anne Bancroft
The Graduate: Anne Bancroft, Dustin Hoffman
Mad City: Dustin Hoffman, John Travolta

- --------------------------------------------------------------------
Vynd's Bacon Chain:
Cannonball Run: Dom DeLuise, Burt Reynolds
Striptease: Burt Reynolds, Demi Moore
A Few Good Men: Demi Moore, Tom Cruise
Mission Impossible: Tom Cruise, Ving Rhames
Pulp Fiction: Ving Rhames, John Travolta

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Duelists have 3 days to challenge each others chains.

Current Scores:
- -----------------------------
A Mean Hat : -2 Gamepoints
Vynd       :  2 Gamepoints

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #255
********************************