Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #248
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest     Wednesday, October 21 1998     Volume 03 : Number 248

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 00:19:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Double Crash Duel (JT vs K 2)

JT wrote:

> My 4th salvo
> lucky    2
> muddy    2
> hubby    2
>
> --JT
>
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
> [ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 00:22:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Double Crash Duel (JT vs K 2)

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, K 2 wrote:

>civvy  2
>jiffy  5
>libby  2

My word was in fact jiffy.

K2, please reveal your word so that we can begin the 3 days of checking.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 00:35:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Double Crash Duel (JT vs K 2)

My word was fuzzy.

K 2

JT wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, K 2 wrote:
>
> >civvy  2
> >jiffy  5
> >libby  2
>
> My word was in fact jiffy.
>
> K2, please reveal your word so that we can begin the 3 days of checking.
>
> --JT
>
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
> [ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:44:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Lantern (RRM)

The man clad all in black watched, motionless and silent, as Wyoming
Johnson floated down, lazily drifting, in his red, white, and blue
parachute into the south of France.  Carefully, he raised his sniper rifle.
 To extract the current British radio codes had cost the life of more than
one undercover German agent in service in the British army, and this man
meant to make Johnson pay.  "Well, Herr Johnson," he said to himself, as
the wind buffeted the intrepid explorer from side to side in the sky, "I
guess we'll have to let you live until you hit ground, at least."

As Johnson hit the ground, the man clad in black shifted his position.  His
eyes focused on the parachute through his scope, waving on the ground in
the wind, about 500 meters distant.  "Poor Amerikan," said the assassin.
"Did you have a hard fall?"  Once, twice, three times, the rifle twitched,
and three bullets sped silently to the downed parachute.  

Immediately, the man clad in black knew something was wrong.  Johnson
wasn't under the parachute!  He swore to himself and leapt up, only to be
met by a swift, sharp, blow to the head with Johnson's famous "singing
stick."  The lead pipe glanced off the German's skull, and Johnson grinned
grimly, pipe jutting from above his lower lip.

"Mon Dieu, mon ami, you are too much," came a voice behind him.  Wyoming
turned around to face the speaker, a petit frenchwoman clad all in pink,
with a cute beret on top of her vaguely strawberry blonde hair.  "We had no
idea that he was here until after the shots."  We swept the area, we did,
Wyoming, I promise you.  And even then we did not know where he was.  How
did you do it, Wyoming?" she asked.

Johnson swiveled.  "Marie! So nice to see you," he said.  "You should know
by now, I feel it tickle me in the base of my spine whenever there's peril.
 It's my danger itch! I knew that there might be trouble, so I kept the
parachute moving and was out of it as soon as it was down.  It was easy."

Marie smiled shyly up at him.  "I missed you, Wyoming," she said simply.
There was a pause, and the little pink woman flushed a little pinker.  

"Let's go," said Wyoming, and little pink Marie led him to her little pink
convertible parked not far away.

I play "pink"

- --A Mean Hat.
  Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French
Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:50:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

I accepted Saaremaa's interupt of 'happily' on  Oct 18 at 02:08 Acka time.
It has been more than 3 days with out a play, so Saaremaa has passed.

The game state is now as follows
Saaremaa has pased by default.
Saaremaa is dealt a card.

It is now A Mean Hat's turn to play.

Deck: 52 cards

Table: 'leather hauberk'

Burned cards: 8

Benches
- ---------------------------------------
  1: saaremaa    [5 cards]   [0 ales]
* 2: A Mean Hat  [5 cards]   [0 ales]

[* denotes whose turn it is to play]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:02:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

Knight Klathyn Kylkenny reined his horse in, and let himself down, wearily
and warily, to the dusty-dry ground near the volcano.  "Easy, Nautha," he
said to the big black stallion, before lifting his visor and heading off
the road to see what was there.  The vultures were feasting on something,
digging at the succulent meat of some hapless animal. Klathyn had seen it
before, but he hated it every time.  Quite often the animals would still be
alive, and Klathyn tried to put them out of their misery.  But this was a
bad country.  A bad place to stop.  Even the vultures, digging though their
bloody meal, seemed on guard.

"Shoo, shoo" the big man shouted, and the birds obligingly took wing.
Klathyn knelt, and looked at the little woman, lying twisted on the ground,
half of her face gone, her innards pecked out all over her stomach.  He
looked at her face, and was horrified to see the light of life in her eyes,
or what was left of them.  A dry rattle sounded in her throat.  She was
mumbling about the jungle people and their gods.  "By Solis, Satiris, and
all the gods of the sky," swore Klathyn.  He hoisted the woman up over his
shoulder, scooped up her knapsack, and whistled for Nautha.

"Let's get you to Westcliff," he said to the delerious woman.  "The monks
there will be able to help you.  Hya!  Get going, Nautha" 

I play "dig"

- --A Mean Hat.
  Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French
Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:58:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Head Apollo" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (RRM)

I interrupt (or try to) with "speaker".

risE

>The man clad all in black watched, motionless and silent, as Wyoming
>Johnson floated down, lazily drifting, in his red, white, and blue
>parachute into the south of France.  Carefully, he raised his sniper rifle.
> To extract the current British radio codes had cost the life of more than
>one undercover German agent in service in the British army, and this man
>meant to make Johnson pay.  "Well, Herr Johnson," he said to himself, as
>the wind buffeted the intrepid explorer from side to side in the sky, "I
>guess we'll have to let you live until you hit ground, at least."
>
>As Johnson hit the ground, the man clad in black shifted his position.  His
>eyes focused on the parachute through his scope, waving on the ground in
>the wind, about 500 meters distant.  "Poor Amerikan," said the assassin.
>"Did you have a hard fall?"  Once, twice, three times, the rifle twitched,
>and three bullets sped silently to the downed parachute.
>
>Immediately, the man clad in black knew something was wrong.  Johnson
>wasn't under the parachute!  He swore to himself and leapt up, only to be
>met by a swift, sharp, blow to the head with Johnson's famous "singing
>stick."  The lead pipe glanced off the German's skull, and Johnson grinned
>grimly, pipe jutting from above his lower lip.
>
>"Mon Dieu, mon ami, you are too much," came a voice behind him.  Wyoming
>turned around to face the speaker, a petit frenchwoman clad all in pink,
>with a cute beret on top of her vaguely strawberry blonde hair.  "We had no
>idea that he was here until after the shots."  We swept the area, we did,
>Wyoming, I promise you.  And even then we did not know where he was.  How
>did you do it, Wyoming?" she asked.
>
>Johnson swiveled.  "Marie! So nice to see you," he said.  "You should know
>by now, I feel it tickle me in the base of my spine whenever there's peril.
> It's my danger itch! I knew that there might be trouble, so I kept the
>parachute moving and was out of it as soon as it was down.  It was easy."
>
>Marie smiled shyly up at him.  "I missed you, Wyoming," she said simply.
>There was a pause, and the little pink woman flushed a little pinker.
>
>"Let's go," said Wyoming, and little pink Marie led him to her little pink
>convertible parked not far away.
>
>I play "pink"
>
>
>--A Mean Hat.
>  Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French
>Scotsman - Really Weird
>
>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:26:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Bacon Duel (A Mean Hat vs Vynd)

Here are the submitted chains.

A Mean Hat's Chain:
Gone With the Wind; Matt Damon, Ricordo Montalban

Vynd's Chain:
Good Will Hunting; Matt Damon, Robin William
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen; Robin Williams, Sting
Dune; Sting, Patrick Stewart
Star Trek: Generations; Patrick Stewart, William Shatner
Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan; William Shatner, Ricardo Montalban

Duelists have 3 days to challenge each others Bacon Chains.

Current Scores:
- -----------------------------
A Mean Hat : -1 Gamepoints
Vynd       :  0 Gamepoints

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #248
********************************