Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #237
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest       Sunday, October 11 1998       Volume 03 : Number 237

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 01:02:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

Gould contained his obvious excitement, gathered what he needed,
and came over there.  He began removing his chainmail while Myrra
unfastened and opened the bag.

"I hope you know how to work that thing", he said nervously.

"Nothing to it", she said, as she pulled a hauberk from the bag
and heaved over Gould.  "My House has always been well versed in
the old ways".

Gould examined the coat carefully as he put it on.  Although made
of mere leather, he knew this would offer far better protection than
the mail he had just discarded.  He wasn't concerned about protection,
though, as his fingers examined the tiny gems inlaid in each of the
leather rings.  He knew this armour had never seen combat, and probably
never would.

"Lets go", she said.  "Come over to the ledge and face the sun."  

As he did so, she began adjusting and twisting the rings of leather,
carefully observing the play of light the gems made, while tightly
holding onto him with her other hand.  "I wish you knew how to do 
this", she muttered under her breath, as the play of light became
less and less random.

leather hauberk

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 01:34:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

Saaremaa's play of 'leather hauberk' is accepted and becomes a Loose End
since it doesn't seem to be done with quite yet.

It remains Saaremaa's turn to play.

Deck: 57 cards

Table: 'leather hauberk'

Burned cards: 1

Benches
- ---------------------------------------
* 1: saaremaa    [5 cards]   [0 ales]
  2: A Mean Hat  [7 cards]   [0 ales]

- --JT, Barkeep

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:58:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

come on mean get your act together, lets see an interrupt..

K 2nd

JT wrote:

> Saaremaa's play of 'leather hauberk' is accepted and becomes a Loose End
> since it doesn't seem to be done with quite yet.
>
> It remains Saaremaa's turn to play.
>
> Deck: 57 cards
>
> Table: 'leather hauberk'
>
> Burned cards: 1
>
> Benches
> ---------------------------------------
> * 1: saaremaa    [5 cards]   [0 ales]
>   2: A Mean Hat  [7 cards]   [0 ales]
>
> --JT, Barkeep
>
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
> [ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 05:05:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

At 01:02 AM 10/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Gould contained his obvious excitement, gathered what he needed,
>and came over there.  He began removing his chainmail while Myrra
>unfastened and opened the bag.
>
>"I hope you know how to work that thing", he said nervously.
>
>"Nothing to it", she said, as she pulled a hauberk from the bag
>and heaved over Gould.  "My House has always been well versed in
>the old ways".
>
>Gould examined the coat carefully

I interrupt with "carefully"
- --A Mean Hat.
  Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 05:12:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

A Mean Hat's interrupt of 'carefully' is accepted and burned.
Saaremaa is dealt a card.

It is A Mean Hat's turn to play.

Deck: 56 cards

Table: 'leather hauberk'

Burned cards: 2

Benches
- ---------------------------------------
  1: saaremaa    [6 cards]   [0 ales]
* 2: A Mean Hat  [6 cards]   [0 ales]

[* denotes whose turn it is to play]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 14:05:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

Gould fidgeted as Myrra continued to fine-tune the hauberk.  He could
hardly contain himself.  Soon, soon, all would be ready.  He could already
feel the beginnings of the power coursing through his veins.  His whole
world began to vibrate, subtly at first, and then with more force.  A dull
hum filled his head, getting louder and louder, and the coppery taste of
blood grew stronger.

"Myrra, hurry!  My wound's come open again,"  said Gould, as he felt,
beneath the hauberk, his left side throbbing just below the bottom rib.

Myrra quickly looked around.  Around the lip of the chasm, still a mile or
more away, the blasted obsidian was crunching under long-dead feet.  And
the ground shook beneath her.

"Gould, it's him!" she hissed under her teeth.  It was her turn to be
frantic now, as Gould stood, rigid, as if facing an undead life of eternal
servitude."

Myrra continued to twist the little leather rings, but Gould could tell she
was cutting corners.

"I don't have time!  They're already half-way around the mouth!"

As the rotten, shambling corpses, driven on by things fouler than they,
crossed the lip of the volcano, it gave a little belch, as if their
coruption was too much even for it.  A little smoke came up, and the earth
rumbled.  Myrra stepped back to look at the whole picture, and softly,
almost lovingly, an arrow from the forerunners of the undead regiment sank
into her side.

"There's no time!" shrieked Myrra.  "They're upon us!"  She sank down.

It was true.  A rain of arrows had begun, as the army of evil dead came
closer.  Gould lifted Myrra in his arms.  "Is it completed...enough?" 
Myrra only looked at him.  He gritted his teeth, and, clutching her
tightly, leaped out over the lip, and plunged down, down, into the steaming
mouth.

It was impossible to think, impossible to will it so, impossible to-- THERE!

Their descent gradually slowed, stopped, and reversed, as Gould, feeling
his left side slick beneath the hauberk, and with a full mouthful of blood
now, concentrated all his will on keeping the magic of the hauberk flying
them upward within the cold stone walls of the volcano.  And beneath them,
the lava still rumbled ominously on.

I play "fly"
- --A Mean Hat.
  Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 16:46:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

A Mean Hat's play of 'fly' is accepted and burned.

It remains A Mean Hat's turn to play.

Deck: 56 cards

Table: 'leather hauberk'

Burned cards: 3

Benches
- ---------------------------------------
  1: saaremaa    [6 cards]   [0 ales]
* 2: A Mean Hat  [5 cards]   [0 ales]

[* denotes whose turn it is to play]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:35:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

> Their descent gradually slowed, stopped, and reversed, as Gould, feeling
> his left side slick beneath the hauberk, and with a full mouthful of blood
> now, concentrated all his will on keeping the magic of the hauberk flying
> them upward within the cold stone walls of the volcano.  And beneath them,
> the lava still rumbled ominously on.

I interrupt with 'float'.

saaremaa

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:51:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

Saaremaa's interrupt of 'float' is accepted and burned.
A Mean Hat is dealt a card.

It is Saaremaa's turn to play.

Deck: 55 cards

Table: 'leather hauberk'

Burned cards: 4

Benches
- ---------------------------------------
  1: saaremaa    [5 cards]   [0 ales]
* 2: A Mean Hat  [6 cards]   [0 ales]

[* denotes whose turn it is to play]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:59:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern (game 1: barkeep: JT)

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, JT wrote:

>It is Saaremaa's turn to play.

>---------------------------------------
>  1: saaremaa    [5 cards]   [0 ales]
>* 2: A Mean Hat  [6 cards]   [0 ales]
>
>[* denotes whose turn it is to play]

I donate A$1 to the twits.  It really is Saaremaa's turn :/

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:11:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary (but not the results quite yet)

I apologize for the delay in getting the results of the first round out.
I was working on it last night when I lost my connection. It still seems a
little shaky tonight, so I'm dashing this off very quickly to let everyone
know that yes, I am working on it. Hopefully, the results themselves will
be the very next email in your box... :)

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #237
********************************