Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #220
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest      Friday, September 18 1998      Volume 03 : Number 220

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 01:04:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: 6 letter double crash

>The 3 word double crash seemed signifigantly harder, but I didn't pay a
>lot of attention to it as it was played.   Figuring out which crashes
>went with which words would add a layer of complexity to the game I
>think.

It was interesting.  I found that the "0,0,0" crashes were very helpful,
and "2,0,0" also, but "1,0,0" crashes were very unhelpful until near the
end, because you couldn't figure out which word had crashed once.

(Note to self: look up "hilum".)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/)
Current Album--Parachute Club
Current Book--Pamela Dean:Juniper, Gentian & Rosemary
I'm not gay.  I'm British, and I want a cigarette.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 13:09:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: YORL play

Slowly but surely Elspeth stated to rebuild the kingdom and was ably
assisted by both Elwes and Elvis. She was an able queen and well loved
by all her people. As the weeks turned into months and the months turned
into years and Elspeth and Elwes fell in love. They were engaged to be
married and it was agreed that the best day for the wedding would be on
the second anniversary of their vanquishment of Erphil. The day was
declared a national holiday and huge feasts and parties were planned.
Finally the day of the wedding arrived.

"...And do you, Elspeth, Queen of Alaska take Elwes to be your lawfully
wedded husband?"

"I do."

"I now announce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride"

At the wedding reception Elvis approached the newlyweds.

"I am afraid that now I must leave you, Romeo, and you, Juliet" he
started using their codenames from back when they were fighting Erphil's
father, "for the time has come for me to continue my journey."

The pair were sad to see their good friend leave but accepted that it
was what Elvis needed to be happy. He walked off into the distance and
they waved until they could no longer see him. With that, Romeo and
Juliet looked at eachother and kissed.

Mr. Tambourine Man plays: Romeo and Juliet.

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 13:22:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (I am the Water Boatman)
Subject: Re: Acka: YORL play

>Mr. Tambourine Man plays: Romeo and Juliet.

I interrupt with: Rice

(Well, a lot of rice is thrown at weddings)

Ethelred

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #220
********************************