Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #137
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest        Tuesday, June 23 1998        Volume 03 : Number 137

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 16:22:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: WUA round 13 preliminary results

Why is this stopped *again*?

Is rufus present or on vacation, and shouldn't he miss his go by now?

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 20:07:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: WUA round 13 preliminary results

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Ian K. wrote:

> Why is this stopped *again*?
> 
> Is rufus present or on vacation, and shouldn't he miss his go by now?

It's stopped again because your Ref was out surfing.

Back now (and with the skin cancer to prove it) I declare that rufus has,
to no one's surprise, failed to link from 'loop' in Round 14.  Therefore,
scores are the same as before except that rufus' is -2 instead of 1.  It
would be MTM's turn except for obvious reasons.  I don't know if the Rules
allow me to automatically skip eir turn, but if they do, it is JT's turn
to link from 'loop.'  Otherwise, I suppose I'll pause the game until such
time as e gets emself a new graphics card or whatever eir problem was.

My apologies for once again blessing you with my absence.

- - 867-5309

Heisenberg might have slept here. 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:31:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: WUA round 13 preliminary results

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Eric Plumb wrote:
>Back now (and with the skin cancer to prove it) I declare that rufus has,
>to no one's surprise, failed to link from 'loop' in Round 14.  Therefore,
>scores are the same as before except that rufus' is -2 instead of 1.  It
>would be MTM's turn except for obvious reasons.  I don't know if the Rules
>allow me to automatically skip eir turn, but if they do, it is JT's turn
>to link from 'loop.'  Otherwise, I suppose I'll pause the game until such
>time as e gets emself a new graphics card or whatever eir problem was.

From the reading of the rules, you cannot skip MTM's turn, but he won't
lose any points for failing to post an uh? word.  However, he does seem to
still have 3 days to do so, which if he returns from vacation in that time
is good for him :)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #137
********************************