Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #129
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest        Monday, June 15 1998        Volume 03 : Number 129

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 00:07:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades Ends

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> action, so by the amendments recently made to that rule, Alfvaen and
> Goldenmean's team forfeits and Slakko and 867-5309 win.  And appropriate
> score changes happen for the duel, if anybody can remember who out of those
> four was dueling and who was seconding.

I suppose I should feel some sort of elation at this, but I can't seem to
work up much more than a tired "Hurrah!" and a vague congratulatory motion
with my hand (which is either with the OotRB or with Attila the Pun) in
Champion Slakko's direction for eir stellar service as Second in this
quite unsatisfactory victory.  For Scorekeeper Alfvaen's info, e and
Slakko were seconds to Goldenmean and I.

If anyone else cares (and I seem to remember someone asking) Goldie
challenged me over a contrived insult somewhere back in January or
February.  I suppose, if we learned anything from this longest-ever
and oh-so-ignominiously-ended Duel, it was that Spades is probably
inappropriate for e-mail play unless the contestants live within three or
four time zones of each other and can get on IRC...

- - 867-5309

Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all its students. 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 00:14:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades Ends

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> action, so by the amendments recently made to that rule, Alfvaen and
> Goldenmean's team forfeits and Slakko and 867-5309 win.  And appropriate

And there was much rejoicing!

rufus

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 00:30:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades Ends

> > action, so by the amendments recently made to that rule, Alfvaen and
> > Goldenmean's team forfeits and Slakko and 867-5309 win.  And appropriate
> > score changes happen for the duel, if anybody can remember who out of those
> > four was dueling and who was seconding.

> I suppose I should feel some sort of elation at this, but I can't seem to
> work up much more than a tired "Hurrah!" and a vague congratulatory motion
> with my hand (which is either with the OotRB or with Attila the Pun) in
> Champion Slakko's direction for eir stellar service as Second in this
> quite unsatisfactory victory.  For Scorekeeper Alfvaen's info, e and
> Slakko were seconds to Goldenmean and I.

Well, so much for being ahead in points in the new Cycle...:-)

> If anyone else cares (and I seem to remember someone asking) Goldie
> challenged me over a contrived insult somewhere back in January or
> February.

I do remember that.  It was meant as a proof that the original Razor
Boomerangs, you, Goldenmean, and Bill the pirate king, who joined around
the same time and all knew each other beforehand, did not always present
a united front.  I seem to recall that you were the challenged, though,
so Spades is probably all your fault.  :-)

> I suppose, if we learned anything from this longest-ever
> and oh-so-ignominiously-ended Duel, it was that Spades is probably
> inappropriate for e-mail play unless the contestants live within three or
> four time zones of each other and can get on IRC...

Probably.  Or are at least frequent email checkers...

So, anyone up for a game?  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--The Only Ones:The Immortal Story
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
Thit tagline is not self-referential because "thit" is not a word.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 18:45:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades Ends

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> I do remember that.  It was meant as a proof that the original Razor
> Boomerangs, you, Goldenmean, and Bill the pirate king, who joined around
> the same time and all knew each other beforehand, did not always present
> a united front.  I seem to recall that you were the challenged, though,
> so Spades is probably all your fault.  :-)

That's correct.  In fact, e challenged me to insult em as a response to
your own charges of the above-mentioned nepotism among newer players,
including the Boomerangs, in one of your speeches.  So you could say that
it was your fault. :-)

> So, anyone up for a game?  :-)

I am, but would suggest the other players come to Hawaii first.  I have a
deck of real actual tangible playing cards around here somewhere...

- - 867-5309

Televangelists: The Pro Wrestlers of religion. 

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #129
********************************