Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #112
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest         Monday, June 8 1998         Volume 03 : Number 112

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 01:30:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Spades

Goldenmean failed to post a bid, so he bids 2 by default.  This is the
6th default action by the AlfGol team this game; one more and they're
out.  It is now, um, Slago-hu-867-5309's bid after bids of 2 by Slakko
and Goldenmean.

/dev/joe
Referee

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 05:19:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (L'homme a tete de choux)
Subject: Acka: Resigning from Viruses

I sent a message to devjoe privately, but as he rightly pointed out, it needs
to be a public action, so...

I'm afraid I shall have to resign from the current game of Viruses.

Pandora

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 19:58:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> out.  It is now, um, Slago-hu-867-5309's bid after bids of 2 by Slakko
> and Goldenmean.

Hmm... I bid 8.

- - 867-5309

Jesus died for my sins and all I got was this lousy t-shirt. 

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 20:22:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: WUA round 12 results

A recap: In round 12, Confused were required to link "llano," a synonym
for prairie, with "ugly."  JT attempted to do so with "beautiful," which
was rejected.  Eirs was the only attempt.

As Linker, Koxvolio provided the word "plain," claiming that a llano,
being a type of prairie, was also a type of plain, and that ugly people 
are often plain in looks.  After much deliberation, this was accepted.  I
also award Koxvolio a FairPlay award for getting us out of this, well,
plain ugly situation.  Koxvolio gains 6 points, doubling the score of the
next highest player.

As an aside, JT mentioned that e had been thinking of linking with
"linkword," by which I assume e meant "uh? word," since "llano" is such an
"ugly" "uh? word."  JT gains a pat on the back and a Winning Condition.  
For making me laugh.

Scores are:
Koxvolio 16
Slakko 8
JT 7
Mr. Tambourine Man 5
rufus 1
Attila the Pun -1

else...if has dropped out, reducing the Magic Number to 30.  The
Infrequent Ackan claimed that two players had left to date.  If so, I
missed the other message and would appreciate if the editor could please
let me know who the other absentee is.  Otherwise, I respectfully request
that TIA retract the statement and lock the subeditor responsible into a
room with "867-5309 (Layla)" playing over and over again until e shoots
emself.

Speaking of which, it is Slakko's turn to link from "ugly."  May e prosper
thereby.

- - 867-5309

Bigamy: the only crime where two rites make a wrong. 

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #112
********************************