Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #100
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest       Wednesday, May 13 1998       Volume 03 : Number 100

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 07:18:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: Frank Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Game of Pure Skill 2 - Rd 11 results

Round 11 is over, and for the first time the highest bids
were tied - JT and TGW both bid their kings to get the
Queen of Spades, therefore noone gets it. Not that this
fact couldn't have been predicted before this round...

Round| 1| 2| 3 | 4| 5| 6| 7| 8 | 9| 10|11|
Card |5S|KS| 7S|4S|3S|JS|8S|10S|6S| 9S|QS|
Alfvn|9H|AH|10H|8H|5H|KH|6H| 4H|JH| QH|2H| 42 pts
JT   |3D|9D| 5D|2D|4D|8D|7D|10D|AD| JD|KD| 23 pts
TGW  |3C|2C| 5C|4C|6C|QC|9C| AC|7C|10C|KC| 11 pts

Next card: Ace of Spades
Remaining, and final card: Two of Spades
J. M. Bear

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 13:27:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost

> > Then I will play 'r'.
> I play 'sr'.

It is now Ayla's turn.

TGw.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 17:02:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: YORL *duel* play

"This is the nest; when will you be laying our egg?"

The Lord High Inquisitor of the Scarlet Fist exulted silently at the
reception of the report from the agonised Benvenuto. He had arrived
at the temple and had been admitted according to plan - there would be
good news to pass to the King!

"Nest; I will tell you when I have found a suitable candidate."

"I understand, little birdy. Just remember what the stakes are. Out"

The Inquisitor gloated to himself, confident that his plans were coming to
fruition - it had not been easy to insinuate a pawn into the
Order of the Thousand Souls, but the sovereign's orders had to be
fulfilled or the price had to be paid.

Now, all the ignorant peasant philosopher needed to do was to find out who
was The Angel, who had been the cause of so much trouble in the outlying
provinces - once we found the leader of this little insurgency we would
make an example of him. Or her, of course. And then we would see how much
the peasants wanted independence from the King to express their own
religious beliefs... yes - then we will see indeed...

The next time he met with the King the Inquisitor would have something to
report indeed.

Koxvolio plays "Angel". (or, at least, attempts to)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 17:17:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Re: YORL *duel* play

> Koxvolio plays "Angel". (or, at least, attempts to)

Hose 'em breadbox! Oh, and Alfvaen, I don't have any cards to interrupt with
so you can accept this ASAP.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 17:56:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Re: YORL *duel* play

> > Koxvolio plays "Angel". (or, at least, attempts to)
> 
> Hose 'em breadbox! Oh, and Alfvaen, I don't have any cards to interrupt with
> so you can accept this ASAP.

Sorreeeee...

But at least I may have gotten rid of a card. Perhaps.

koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 21:00:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Re: YORL *duel* play

> Now, all the ignorant peasant philosopher needed to do was to find out who
> was The Angel, who had been the cause of so much trouble in the outlying
> provinces - once we found the leader of this little insurgency we would
> make an example of him. Or her, of course. And then we would see how much
> the peasants wanted independence from the King to express their own
> religious beliefs... yes - then we will see indeed...

> Koxvolio plays "Angel". (or, at least, attempts to)

This play is denied, because the text did not bring the story element
sufficiently into play.  From the Rules for YORL:

"Generally, it is insufficient simply to discuss an item (it must be
present), to mention the possibility of an event (it must take place),
or to have a character talk about another character in dialogue (he
must actually be introduced.)"  [Note improper parenthesis/bracket
punctuation there...]

Having been denied myself this way(see my play of "bachelor" in Malenkai's
YORL game), I'm taking it out on you.  :-)

So Koxvolio receives a penalty card.  It is The Gingham Wearer's turn.

The Gingham Wearer: 6 cards
Koxvolio: 9 cards

Loose Ends: Temple

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Linda Ronstadt:Still Within The Sound of My Voice
Current Book--Elizabeth Ann Scarborough:The Healer's War
Due to budget cuts, all clouds will be lined with zinc.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 23:45:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary

Well, both of the word lookup dictionaries seem to be inaccesable to me.
I've never been able to get at that zipped list, and now the OSPD place
gets me an unknown host.  Didn't someone propose that the definition
dictionaries be legal lookup dictionaries as well?  So far as I can tell
this isn't currently the case, but my current situation has me wondering
why.

                                - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 23:48:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Raquel Peres da Silva" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Game of Pure Skill 1 - Round 5 - Results

Round		| 1	| 2	| 3	| 4		| 5		| 6
Prize		| 3S	| 10S	| 6S	| JS		| 2S		| KS
Pandora's bid	| 2H *	| AH	| 10H	| 9H		| 4H		|
Koxvolio's bid	| 2D	| QD	| 10D *	| KD		| 8D		|
JM's bid		| 4C	| KC	| AC	| QD		| 2C		|
Winner		| JM	| JM	| -	| Koxvolio	| Koxvolio	|

* Indicates a randomic card picked by the referee, because the player
failed to send eir bid on time.

So far, the score is:

Pandora ..........	0
Koxvolio ..........	13
JM Bear ..........	13

Yours,

Ayla
Priestess of the Order of the Razor Boomerangs
Priestess of the Church of the Evil Ballot Stuffer

Law of Cat Magnetism: All blue blazers and black sweaters attract cat hair
in direct proportion to the darkness of the fabric.

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #100
********************************